What is involved in Business Objects
Find out what the related areas are that Business Objects connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Objects thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Objects journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Objects leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Objects related domains to cover and 137 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Objects, Application lifecycle management, Board of directors, BusinessObjects Data Integrator, Business intelligence, Business object, Cirque du Soleil, Claus Wellenreuther, Computer software, Concur Technologies, Dietmar Hopp, Enterprise mobility management, Enterprise modelling, Enterprise software, Hartmut Mehdorn, Hasso Plattner, Henning Kagermann, Hyperion Solutions Corporation, Joachim Milberg, Klaus Tschira, New York Yankees, Newtown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, Nsite Software, Oracle Corporation, Palo Alto, California, Patent infringement, Pekka Ala-Pietilä, Performance management, SAP AG, SAP Center, SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver, SAP Open, SAP SE, San Jose, California, San Jose Sharks, Semantic layer, Service-oriented architecture, Sony Ericsson Open, São Leopoldo, Time Magazine, Tribeca Film Festival, Wilhelm Haarmann:
Business Objects Critical Criteria:
Adapt Business Objects governance and report on setting up Business Objects without losing ground.
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– How will you know that the Business Objects project has been successful?
– Do we all define Business Objects in the same way?
Application lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Look at Application lifecycle management decisions and budget for Application lifecycle management challenges.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business Objects strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are the usability implications of Business Objects actions?
Board of directors Critical Criteria:
Consult on Board of directors planning and probe Board of directors strategic alliances.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business Objects information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What key measures should we include in our annual report to our Board of Directors?
– Are there recognized Business Objects problems?
– What are our Business Objects Processes?
BusinessObjects Data Integrator Critical Criteria:
Use past BusinessObjects Data Integrator management and look at it backwards.
– Does Business Objects analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business Objects activities?
– Have all basic functions of Business Objects been defined?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Shape Business intelligence failures and cater for concise Business intelligence education.
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– As we develop increasing numbers of predictive models, then we have to figure out how do you pick the targets, how do you optimize the models?
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business Objects?
– What are the most common applications of business intelligence BI technology solutions?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the new BI system?
– Does your BI solution require weeks or months to deploy or change?
– What are the best use cases for Mobile Business Intelligence?
– What are the top trends in the business intelligence space?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What are the pillar concepts of business intelligence?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
– What is your licensing model and prices?
– How can we maximize our BI investments?
– Make or buy BI Business Intelligence?
– What is your products direction?
– Using dashboard functions?
Business object Critical Criteria:
Gauge Business object decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Business object relationship management.
– Where should the organization enhance its Risk Management processes to have maximum benefit and impact on its ability to achieve business objectives?
– Is Business Objects dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Verify business objectives. Are they appropriate, and well-articulated?
– Is our Cybersecurity strategy aligned with our business objectives?
– How do we go about Comparing Business Objects approaches/solutions?
Cirque du Soleil Critical Criteria:
Dissect Cirque du Soleil failures and perfect Cirque du Soleil conflict management.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business Objects processes?
– How do we Improve Business Objects service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is Supporting Business Objects documentation required?
Claus Wellenreuther Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Claus Wellenreuther tasks and customize techniques for implementing Claus Wellenreuther controls.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business Objects process?
– Is the scope of Business Objects defined?
Computer software Critical Criteria:
Check Computer software planning and get the big picture.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business Objects models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What will drive Business Objects change?
Concur Technologies Critical Criteria:
Boost Concur Technologies risks and describe which business rules are needed as Concur Technologies interface.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business Objects moving forward?
Dietmar Hopp Critical Criteria:
Canvass Dietmar Hopp goals and develop and take control of the Dietmar Hopp initiative.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business Objects workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business Objects process?
Enterprise mobility management Critical Criteria:
Design Enterprise mobility management strategies and research ways can we become the Enterprise mobility management company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business Objects project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which customers cant participate in our Business Objects domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we Identify specific Business Objects investment and emerging trends?
Enterprise modelling Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Enterprise modelling governance and perfect Enterprise modelling conflict management.
– Do those selected for the Business Objects team have a good general understanding of what Business Objects is all about?
– What business benefits will Business Objects goals deliver if achieved?
– What are the short and long-term Business Objects goals?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Grade Enterprise software decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Enterprise software results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business Objects product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business Objects, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
Hartmut Mehdorn Critical Criteria:
Check Hartmut Mehdorn outcomes and look at the big picture.
– Is the Business Objects organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do we go about Securing Business Objects?
– Are we Assessing Business Objects and Risk?
Hasso Plattner Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Hasso Plattner failures and point out improvements in Hasso Plattner.
– To what extent does management recognize Business Objects as a tool to increase the results?
– Do Business Objects rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Can we do Business Objects without complex (expensive) analysis?
Henning Kagermann Critical Criteria:
Read up on Henning Kagermann quality and acquire concise Henning Kagermann education.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business Objects processes of our organization?
– Is a Business Objects Team Work effort in place?
– What is our Business Objects Strategy?
Hyperion Solutions Corporation Critical Criteria:
Mine Hyperion Solutions Corporation adoptions and change contexts.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business Objects that make it risky?
– What are all of our Business Objects domains and what do they do?
Joachim Milberg Critical Criteria:
See the value of Joachim Milberg results and define what our big hairy audacious Joachim Milberg goal is.
– Think of your Business Objects project. what are the main functions?
– Why is Business Objects important for you now?
Klaus Tschira Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Klaus Tschira failures and shift your focus.
– What is Effective Business Objects?
New York Yankees Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to New York Yankees adoptions and gather practices for scaling New York Yankees.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business Objects. How do we gain traction?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business Objects processes?
Newtown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania Critical Criteria:
Shape Newtown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania issues and grade techniques for implementing Newtown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania controls.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business Objects goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Who sets the Business Objects standards?
Nsite Software Critical Criteria:
Detail Nsite Software planning and reduce Nsite Software costs.
– What are the business goals Business Objects is aiming to achieve?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Grasp Oracle Corporation decisions and handle a jump-start course to Oracle Corporation.
– Why are Business Objects skills important?
Palo Alto, California Critical Criteria:
Confer re Palo Alto, California tasks and reduce Palo Alto, California costs.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business Objects strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we measure improved Business Objects service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we manage Business Objects Knowledge Management (KM)?
Patent infringement Critical Criteria:
Understand Patent infringement issues and reduce Patent infringement costs.
Pekka Ala-Pietilä Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Pekka Ala-Pietilä leadership and work towards be a leading Pekka Ala-Pietilä expert.
– Do we monitor the Business Objects decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Performance management quality and acquire concise Performance management education.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business Objects experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business Objects project manager?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
SAP AG Critical Criteria:
Jump start SAP AG adoptions and observe effective SAP AG.
– What are the barriers to increased Business Objects production?
SAP Center Critical Criteria:
Deliberate SAP Center leadership and raise human resource and employment practices for SAP Center.
– Is Business Objects Required?
SAP HANA Critical Criteria:
Mine SAP HANA projects and overcome SAP HANA skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business Objects been identified and analyzed?
– What threat is Business Objects addressing?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Have a session on SAP NetWeaver risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– In a project to restructure Business Objects outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we Lead with Business Objects in Mind?
SAP Open Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to SAP Open leadership and attract SAP Open skills.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business Objects opportunities costing us money?
– How can we improve Business Objects?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Match SAP SE strategies and find out.
– Is there a Business Objects Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we keep improving Business Objects?
San Jose, California Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re San Jose, California projects and display thorough understanding of the San Jose, California process.
– Do the Business Objects decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business Objects project?
San Jose Sharks Critical Criteria:
Steer San Jose Sharks planning and gather practices for scaling San Jose Sharks.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business Objects?
– What vendors make products that address the Business Objects needs?
Semantic layer Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Semantic layer tasks and find out.
– Can we add value to the current Business Objects decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Coach on Service-oriented architecture strategies and balance specific methods for improving Service-oriented architecture results.
– Is Business Objects Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the long-term Business Objects goals?
Sony Ericsson Open Critical Criteria:
Infer Sony Ericsson Open engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we have past Business Objects Successes?
São Leopoldo Critical Criteria:
Face São Leopoldo projects and raise human resource and employment practices for São Leopoldo.
– What is the purpose of Business Objects in relation to the mission?
Time Magazine Critical Criteria:
Add value to Time Magazine issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business Objects project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business Objects is underway?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business Objects?
Tribeca Film Festival Critical Criteria:
Align Tribeca Film Festival tactics and create a map for yourself.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Business Objects processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business Objects project?
Wilhelm Haarmann Critical Criteria:
Examine Wilhelm Haarmann quality and describe which business rules are needed as Wilhelm Haarmann interface.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Objects Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business Objects External links:
Definition of: Business Objects(1) A broad category of business processes that are modeled as objects. A business object can be as large as an entire order processing system or a small process within an information system. See object-oriented programming.
SAP Business Objects Licences | Buy a Licence
Business Objects Report Writing Guide – CMS Net
Application lifecycle management External links:
objectiF RPM: Software for Application Lifecycle Management
What is Application Lifecycle Management?
HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.52
Board of directors External links:
Boral Board of Directors
Board of Directors- ICCI QLD
Board of directors – Challenger
BusinessObjects Data Integrator External links:
BusinessObjects Data Integrator – ETL Tools
BUSINESSOBJECTS DATA INTEGRATOR – Preferred
BusinessObjects Data Integrator – Revolvy
topics.revolvy.com/topic/BusinessObjects Data Integrator
Business intelligence External links:
EnsembleIQ | The premier business intelligence resource
ORC International | Leading Global Business Intelligence Firm
ORC International – Leading Global Business Intelligence Firm
Business object External links:
StromDAO/Business Object – Blockchain Browser
Binding to Business Objects – msdn.microsoft.com
OAGIS Business Object Document – msdn.microsoft.com
Cirque du Soleil External links:
Cirque du Soleil – Home | Facebook
Cirque du Soleil – Official Site
List of Shows Worldwide | Cirque du Soleil
Computer software External links:
Discounted Computer Software & Product Keys | Malhi Online
Copyright Protection of Computer Software
Computer Software | Officeworks
Concur Technologies External links:
Concur Technologies – Mycause
Concur Technologies – CIO
Concur Technologies, Computer Repair in North Ryde NSW
Dietmar Hopp External links:
Dietmar Hopp Profiles | Facebook
Dietmar Hopp | Facebook
Dietmar Hopp ungekürzt – TEIL1 – YouTube
Enterprise mobility management External links:
Enterprise Mobility Management Solutions | Syntonic
Enterprise Mobility Management – Cisco Meraki
Enterprise Mobility Management – Mobility Solutions
Enterprise modelling External links:
Enterprise Modelling and Information Systems Architectures
Enterprise software External links:
Enterprise Software for Mining | ABB
The 3 Licensing Models of LMS or any Enterprise Software
CipherLex Labs – Enterprise Software, Data Compliance
Hartmut Mehdorn External links:
hartmut mehdorn Archives – Transport & Logistics News
Hasso Plattner External links:
Hasso Plattner & family – Forbes
Hasso Plattner, SAP’s software pioneer still sailing on
Founder Hasso Plattner
Henning Kagermann External links:
Hyperion Solutions Corporation External links:
CiteSeerX — Hyperion Solutions Corporation
Hyperion Solutions Corporation Tutorial at it1me.com
Hyperion Solutions Corporation – PlainSite
Joachim Milberg External links:
Joachim Milberg | | Decypha
Klaus Tschira External links:
Bloomberg Billionaires Index – Klaus Tschira
Klaus Tschira & family – Forbes
New York Yankees External links:
New York Yankees – Home | Facebook
New York Yankees Tickets – Ticketmaster
Yankee Stadium | New York Yankees
Newtown Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania External links:
Nsite Software External links:
Home – OnSite Software – Inspection Service Software
Insite Software – Home | Facebook
Insite Software (@InsiteSoftware) | Twitter
Oracle Corporation External links:
Invest in Oracle Corporation Stock $ORCL on eToro
ORCL: Summary for Oracle Corporation – Yahoo Finance
Oracle Corporation: NYSE:ORCL quotes & news – Google Finance
Palo Alto, California External links:
Palo Alto, California Club | TMR on Strava
Tamarine – Modern Vietnamese in Palo Alto, California
Palo Alto, California Club | The Noon Ride on Strava
Patent infringement External links:
CSL Response to Patent Infringement Complaint
Freedom to Operate – Patent Infringement
Patent infringement legal definition of patent infringement
Pekka Ala-Pietilä External links:
Pekka Ala-Pietilä – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Pekka Ala-Pietilä – Sitra
Performance management External links:
Leader in Business Performance Management | Cortell Australia
Strategic Performance Management Experts | 2GC
Enterprise Performance Management Software | EPM | CPM
SAP AG External links:
User Management, SAP AG – Welcome! Please Sign in.
SAP AG (DE) share price – IG
User Management, SAP AG – Newmont Mining Corporation
SAP Center External links:
Trips to SAP Center – Rome2rio
SAP Center – Home | Facebook
SAP Center – About | Facebook
SAP HANA External links:
What is SAP HANA? Introduction and Overview of SAP HANA
SAP HANA: The smart person’s guide – TechRepublic
SAP HANA – Programming | SAP PRESS Books and E-Books
SAP NetWeaver External links:
SAP Basis and SAP Netweaver complete Training – Udemy
SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration Demo – YouTube
SAP Open External links:
IBM SAP Open Text VIM Expert | SmartRecruiters
SAP Open Integrated Factory – Generation 2015 – YouTube
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE – Siemens
SAP SE: ETR:SAP quotes & news – Google Finance
San Jose, California External links:
Murder Mystery Dinner Parties in San Jose, California
Coterie Winery – San Jose, California
San Jose, California, USA, Capital of Silicon Valley – YouTube
San Jose Sharks External links:
San Jose Sharks Jersey | eBay
San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) | Twitter
Sharks Tickets Center | San Jose Sharks
Semantic layer External links:
OBIEE Semantic Layer | Data Warehouse | Databases
Diversified Semantic Layer – Home | Facebook
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Ontology, Version 2.0
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture Standards | The Open Group
Sony Ericsson Open External links:
Cuadro Sony Ericsson Open 2011 by bryan cedeno – issuu
Djokovic wins Sony Ericsson Open – yahoo.com
São Leopoldo External links:
Emef Arthur Ostermann – São Leopoldo – School | Facebook
Faculdade São Leopoldo Mandic – issuu
SÃO LEOPOLDO – YouTube
Time Magazine External links:
TIME Magazine Subscription – isubscribe
TIME Magazine Subscription | Magshop
TIME Magazine – Official Subscription Website for Asia
Tribeca Film Festival External links:
Here are the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival Juried Award Winners
Tribeca film festival | Film | The Guardian
‘Dior and I’ – Tribeca Film Festival – Excerpt – YouTube