What is involved in Project Management Office PMO
Find out what the related areas are that Project Management Office PMO connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project Management Office PMO thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project Management Office PMO journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project Management Office PMO leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project Management Office PMO related domains to cover and 145 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project Management Office PMO, Project management office, Company, Document management system, Documentation, Estimation, Executive sponsor, PRINCE2, Performance metric, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Program management, Project Management Institute, Project Portfolio Management, Project management, Project management software, Project stakeholders, Project triangle, Schedule, Strategic project management:
Project Management Office PMO Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Project Management Office PMO engagements and transcribe Project Management Office PMO as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Project Management Office PMO strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How can the value of Project Management Office PMO be defined?
– How do we maintain Project Management Office PMOs Integrity?
Project management office Critical Criteria:
Track Project management office goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Project management office information.
– Does Project Management Office PMO include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– How can skill-level changes improve Project Management Office PMO?
Company Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Company engagements and maintain Company for success.
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Does the company have equipment dependent on remote upgrades to firmware or software, or have plans to implement such systems?
– Does your company involve your security organization in network outages that maybe caused by vandalism or deliberate sabotage?
– In imc, you learn to ask how specifically does your company or business communicate effectively with the audiences?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– How does your company use its web-site for Customer Service and or customer relationship building?
– To what extent does data-driven innovation add to the competitive advantage (CA) of your company?
– Are we taking our company in the direction of better and revenue or cheaper and cost?
– Has the company experienced an increase in the number of Cybersecurity breaches?
– What process must the company go through to obtain and implement a new system?
– How likely is it that a customer would recommend our company to a friend or colleague?
– Is the application interesting to a cross-company community of users?
– What has the company done to bolster its Cybersecurity program?
– Do you have a dedicated account manager at the ats company?
– Does the company use the NIST Cybersecurity framework?
– How many employees are in your company worldwide?
– Does your company use HCMs in a scorecard?
– What can you do to help your company?
– What does the company expect?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Document management system planning and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we monitor the Project Management Office PMO decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Project Management Office PMO?
Documentation Critical Criteria:
Recall Documentation adoptions and get going.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– If SLAs are already negotiated and reference the Catalogue for documentation of the service levels, how do you change service level in the Catalogue without renegotiating the SLA?
– Is There an individual or team responsible to routinely ensure the alternate processing facility has the necessary hardware, supplies, and documentation to resume processing?
– What metadata/documentation will be submitted alongside the data or created on deposit/ transformation in order to make the data reusable?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project Management Office PMO objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Have all mechanisms that can lead to temporary or permanent changes to facility documentation been identified?
– Does it include detailed documentation of the methodology so that any aspect of the program can be repeated?
– Risk Documentation: What reporting formats and processes will be used for risk management activities?
– Is any of this documentation suitable for a journal article or conference presentation?
– Does clear documentation of collection, aggregation, and manipulation steps exist?
– What documentation is provided with the software / system and in what format?
– Is there systematic monitoring and documentation of the management process?
– How does improper or incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– Documentation supporting any options selected?
– What s the status of the documentation?
Estimation Critical Criteria:
Consult on Estimation strategies and point out Estimation tensions in leadership.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– Does Project Management Office PMO analysis show the relationships among important Project Management Office PMO factors?
– What vendors make products that address the Project Management Office PMO needs?
– For estimation problems, how do you develop an estimation statement?
– How can you measure Project Management Office PMO in a systematic way?
– Should managers do the estimation of Product Backlog Items?
Executive sponsor Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Executive sponsor engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project Management Office PMO in a volatile global economy?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Project Management Office PMO strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Have you identified your Project Management Office PMO key performance indicators?
PRINCE2 Critical Criteria:
Deduce PRINCE2 risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough PRINCE2 results.
– A lot of these decisions are based around selecting the correct level of governance and ceremony. At project initiation there should be questions such as Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– To what extent does management recognize Project Management Office PMO as a tool to increase the results?
– Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– How can we improve Project Management Office PMO?
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Performance metric risks and describe which business rules are needed as Performance metric interface.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– How can you negotiate Project Management Office PMO successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Project Management Office PMO ?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
– Does the Project Management Office PMO task fit the clients priorities?
PricewaterhouseCoopers Critical Criteria:
Transcribe PricewaterhouseCoopers projects and achieve a single PricewaterhouseCoopers view and bringing data together.
– In what ways are Project Management Office PMO vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we Improve Project Management Office PMO service perception, and satisfaction?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Survey Program management leadership and tour deciding if Program management progress is made.
– To what extent did the results indicate that the program goals, objectives and performance indicators had been achieved?
– Are the people involved communicating effectively with each other, the target group and the stakeholders?
– Are the strategies and resources being implemented undergoing any form of process evaluation?
– Have circumstances changed so there are new opportunities the program can take advantage of?
– Do the expected outcomes justify the level of resources required to run the program?
– Has a system been set up to review progress of the program at regular intervals?
– Did the program result in any unplanned outcomes which could be capitalised on?
– Which program has the most knowledge of the useful value of the information?
– How much time and other resources will be required to market the program?
– Are assumptions made in Project Management Office PMO stated explicitly?
– What are the indicators of success for completion of key tasks?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– Can the programs effectiveness be substantially improved?
– Does the selection of strategies need reviewing?
– Is the rationale for the proposed program clear?
– How much money is required for the program?
– When will the information be collected?
– Are letters of confirmation being sent?
– When will the report(s) be required?
– When will the data be collected?
Project Management Institute Critical Criteria:
Chat re Project Management Institute failures and reduce Project Management Institute costs.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Project Management Office PMO into the services that we provide?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Project Management Office PMO with what users do day-to-day?
Project Portfolio Management Critical Criteria:
Audit Project Portfolio Management engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
– Are there Project Management Office PMO problems defined?
– What is project portfolio management?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Project management tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Project management services.
– Partial solutions can only be used if the information support is being developed for a process that has not yet been computerised. Namely, if users already use an old IT solution – will they partly use the old one and partly the new one?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Are there implications for the observed success of agile to date that reflects on our larger understanding of organizations and their fundamental nature?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– What is Turnkey Operation in Project Management?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– What is agile anyways?
Project management software Critical Criteria:
Look at Project management software strategies and correct better engagement with Project management software results.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Project Management Office PMO workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What about Project Management Office PMO Analysis of results?
– How to Secure Project Management Office PMO?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Map Project stakeholders planning and devote time assessing Project stakeholders and its risk.
– Can we do Project Management Office PMO without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the usability implications of Project Management Office PMO actions?
Project triangle Critical Criteria:
Investigate Project triangle results and get going.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Project Management Office PMO is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What is our formula for success in Project Management Office PMO ?
– What are current Project Management Office PMO Paradigms?
Schedule Critical Criteria:
Chat re Schedule failures and customize techniques for implementing Schedule controls.
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– Allow import and data management processes to be immediately executed or scheduled to run on regular intervals?
– Budget and Schedule: What are the estimated costs and schedules for performing risk-related activities?
– How likely is the current Project Management Office PMO plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is there a schedule for required password updates from default vendor or manufacturer passwords?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– Have extra media been scheduled during particularly strong sales periods during the year?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– Is the project on schedule, on budget, and meeting specifications?
– Has the time for updating the information been scheduled?
– Are we constrained by a predefined schedule?
– Schedule & Phases – How long will this take?
– Cost / schedule impact analysis required?
– Is there a release schedule for updates?
– Cost schedule impact analysis required?
– Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
– Do you keep 50% of your time unscheduled?
Strategic project management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Strategic project management issues and arbitrate Strategic project management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Project Management Office PMO project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Project Management Office PMO project lifecycle?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Project Management Office PMO information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is Project Management Office PMO Required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project Management Office PMO Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project management office External links:
Project Management Office (PMO) | Research …
Project Management Office Job Description | Chron.com
[PDF]IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE (PMO) …
Company External links:
American Title Company – Official Site
Document management system External links:
Document Management System Solutions – Dokmee
Document Management System
http://Manage your scanned documents in cabinets, drawers, and folders with ease. You can also export/import documents for backup/restore purposes, send in mail or print the documents. Two user modes…
Electronic Document Management System for Higher …
Documentation External links:
Mary Conlin Vessel Documentation Easy, Quick and …
Texas Forms Manual: Guide to Real Estate & Title Documentation
Vessel Documentation Online LLC | US Coast Guard …
Estimation External links:
Estimation Synonyms, Estimation Antonyms | …
Honda Generators – Wattage estimation guide
Blood Alcohol Chart For Estimation – Breathalyzer
Executive sponsor External links:
What is Executive Sponsor | IGI Global
How to Be an Effective Executive Sponsor
Performance metric External links:
What Is a Good Performance Metric? | Chron.com
Program management External links:
Projectmates Construction Program Management Software
tpmrisk.com – Total Program Management
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
Project Management Institute External links:
PMI-Project Management Institute
PMI – Project Management Institute :: Pearson VUE
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Project Portfolio Management External links:
Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management …
Eclipse Project Portfolio Management – Login
Project Portfolio Management Software | Deltek PPM
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Membership | Project Management Institute
Project management software External links:
Construction Project Management Software | BuildingBlok
Best Project Management Software Reviews 2017
Synchro – Construction project management software …
Project stakeholders External links:
How to Communicate With Project Stakeholders: 5 Steps
Ways To Annoy Your Project Stakeholders – The Balance
Project triangle External links:
What is Project Triangle? – Task management guide
Schedule External links:
STARZ TV Schedule
NFL 2017 Regular Season Week 12 Schedule – NFL.com
NASCAR News, Results, Schedule & Standings | Sporting News
Strategic project management External links:
Manager, Strategic Project Management – Sports Equipment
Stakeholder Alignment and Strategic Project Management