What is involved in Social Media Analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Social Media Analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Social Media Analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Social Media Analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social Media Analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social Media Analytics related domains to cover and 150 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social Media Analytics, Analytical tool, Bar chart, Business decision, Business intelligence, Business value, Computer program, Data analysis, Data mining, Data model, Data pre-processing, Data set, Descriptive statistics, Digital media, Enterprise social networking, Google Analytics, Information repository, Key performance indicator, Line chart, Media monitoring, Pie chart, Political science, Reputation management, Scatter plot, Sentiment analysis, Social analytics, Social business, Social media, Social navigation, Social science, Social scientist, Streaming data, Structured data, Video sharing, Word cloud:
Social Media Analytics Critical Criteria:
Frame Social Media Analytics planning and explore and align the progress in Social Media Analytics.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Social Media Analytics values?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Social Media Analytics project manager?
– How important is Social Media Analytics to the user organizations mission?
Analytical tool Critical Criteria:
Analyze Analytical tool leadership and observe effective Analytical tool.
– what is the best design framework for Social Media Analytics organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Social Media Analytics. How do we gain traction?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Social Media Analytics leaders?
– Does your organization have the right analytical tools to handle (big) data?
– What analytical tools do you consider particularly important?
Bar chart Critical Criteria:
Guide Bar chart projects and work towards be a leading Bar chart expert.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Social Media Analytics strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What threat is Social Media Analytics addressing?
– Why are Social Media Analytics skills important?
Business decision Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Business decision planning and question.
– What will drive Social Media Analytics change?
– What about Social Media Analytics Analysis of results?
– How can we improve Social Media Analytics?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Business intelligence projects and find the essential reading for Business intelligence researchers.
– When users are more fluid and guest access is a must, can you choose hardware-based licensing that is tailored to your exact configuration needs?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– What statistics should one be familiar with for business intelligence and web analytics?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– what is the BI software application landscape going to look like in the next 5 years?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– Does your client support bi-directional functionality with mapping?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the bi system?
– Is Business Intelligence a more natural fit within Finance or IT?
– What percentage of enterprise apps will be web based in 3 years?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– Are there any on demand analytics tools in the cloud?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– Do you support video integration?
– Using dashboard functions?
Business value Critical Criteria:
Survey Business value governance and ask questions.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– Key capabilities can focus your starting point, but why strive to transform your iam program to higher maturity levels? how can it help drive business value?
– Will IT be a partner, driving business value, building an IoT architecture and collaborating on greenfield projects?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Social Media Analytics project?
– How are Business Value and BRM effectiveness Measured?
– How to deal with Social Media Analytics Changes?
Computer program Critical Criteria:
Systematize Computer program management and arbitrate Computer program techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the disruptive Social Media Analytics technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Social Media Analytics goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we go about Comparing Social Media Analytics approaches/solutions?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Data analysis leadership and check on ways to get started with Data analysis.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Social Media Analytics? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– What are current Social Media Analytics Paradigms?
– How do we keep improving Social Media Analytics?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Data mining issues and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Data mining results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Social Media Analytics project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Social Media Analytics? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– Who needs to know about Social Media Analytics ?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Survey Data model outcomes and budget for Data model challenges.
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Data pre-processing Critical Criteria:
Debate over Data pre-processing governance and gather Data pre-processing models .
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Social Media Analytics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Data set Critical Criteria:
Investigate Data set adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Data set decisions.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Social Media Analytics leader?
– For hosted solutions, are we permitted to download the entire data set in order to maintain local backups?
– How was it created; what algorithms, algorithm versions, ancillary and calibration data sets were used?
– Is data that is transcribed or copied checked for errors against the original data set?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Social Media Analytics?
– Is someone responsible for migrating data sets that are in old/outdated formats?
– What are all of our Social Media Analytics domains and what do they do?
– You get a data set. what do you do with it?
Descriptive statistics Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Descriptive statistics leadership and know what your objective is.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Social Media Analytics does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Digital media Critical Criteria:
Rank Digital media strategies and drive action.
– Is there a Social Media Analytics Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we Lead with Social Media Analytics in Mind?
Enterprise social networking Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Enterprise social networking strategies and research ways can we become the Enterprise social networking company that would put us out of business.
– Do those selected for the Social Media Analytics team have a good general understanding of what Social Media Analytics is all about?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Social Media Analytics processes of our organization?
Google Analytics Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Google Analytics risks and probe the present value of growth of Google Analytics.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Social Media Analytics requirements in detail?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Examine Information repository failures and finalize the present value of growth of Information repository.
– How can you negotiate Social Media Analytics successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Social Media Analytics been identified and analyzed?
Key performance indicator Critical Criteria:
Learn from Key performance indicator issues and optimize Key performance indicator leadership as a key to advancement.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Choosing good key performance indicators (KPI Key Performance Indicators) did we start from the question How do you measure a companys success?
– What is the difference between Key Performance Indicators KPI and Critical Success Factors CSF in a Business Strategic decision?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Social Media Analytics into the services that we provide?
– Kpi key performance indicators opportunities. are there opportunities to use the field/table to measure performance?
– Have you identified your Social Media Analytics key performance indicators?
– Which are the key performance indicators for Customer Service?
– Are there Social Media Analytics Models?
Line chart Critical Criteria:
Mix Line chart visions and pay attention to the small things.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Social Media Analytics is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– For your Social Media Analytics project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is there any existing Social Media Analytics governance structure?
Media monitoring Critical Criteria:
X-ray Media monitoring engagements and devise Media monitoring key steps.
– Is Social Media Analytics dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Social Media Analytics move?
– Does Social Media Analytics appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Pie chart Critical Criteria:
Guard Pie chart goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Social Media Analytics study?
– What are the business goals Social Media Analytics is aiming to achieve?
Political science Critical Criteria:
Check Political science management and oversee Political science management by competencies.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Social Media Analytics Management?
Reputation management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Reputation management adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Reputation management.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Social Media Analytics in a volatile global economy?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Social Media Analytics?
– Do you have a plan in place for reputation management after an event?
– What are internal and external Social Media Analytics relations?
Scatter plot Critical Criteria:
Analyze Scatter plot visions and observe effective Scatter plot.
– Is the Social Media Analytics organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Do we have past Social Media Analytics Successes?
Sentiment analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Sentiment analysis projects and differentiate in coordinating Sentiment analysis.
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
Social analytics Critical Criteria:
Administer Social analytics quality and catalog Social analytics activities.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Social Media Analytics strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we Identify specific Social Media Analytics investment and emerging trends?
– What is our Social Media Analytics Strategy?
Social business Critical Criteria:
Detail Social business adoptions and develop and take control of the Social business initiative.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Social Media Analytics product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Will Social Media Analytics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Social media tasks and pioneer acquisition of Social media systems.
– In the past year, have companies generally improved or worsened in terms of how quickly you feel they respond to you over social media channels surrounding a general inquiry or complaint?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– How does social media redefine business intelligence?
Social navigation Critical Criteria:
Reason over Social navigation decisions and reduce Social navigation costs.
– Does Social Media Analytics create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is Effective Social Media Analytics?
Social science Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Social science outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Social science and constraints.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Social Media Analytics that make it risky?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Social Media Analytics activities?
Social scientist Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Social scientist outcomes and finalize specific methods for Social scientist acceptance.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Social Media Analytics process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Social Media Analytics process available?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Social Media Analytics products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Streaming data Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Streaming data governance and remodel and develop an effective Streaming data strategy.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Social Media Analytics process?
– Can we do Social Media Analytics without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are accountability and ownership for Social Media Analytics clearly defined?
– How can we summarize streaming data?
Structured data Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Structured data engagements and catalog Structured data activities.
– What tools do you consider particularly important to handle unstructured data expressed in (a) natural language(s)?
– Does your organization have the right tools to handle unstructured data expressed in (a) natural language(s)?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Are assumptions made in Social Media Analytics stated explicitly?
Video sharing Critical Criteria:
Investigate Video sharing outcomes and plan concise Video sharing education.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Social Media Analytics, including any consulting or professional services?
– How can you measure Social Media Analytics in a systematic way?
Word cloud Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Word cloud visions and define what do we need to start doing with Word cloud.
– Think about the functions involved in your Social Media Analytics project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do we all define Social Media Analytics in the same way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social Media Analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Social Media Analytics External links:
Zoomph – Social Media Analytics for Marketing Science
Social Media Analytics: 26 Free Analytics Tools for Marketers
Social Media Analytics: A Guide on What and How to Measure
Analytical tool External links:
An analytical tool is something used to analyze or “take a closer look at” something. It is normally a way to review the effectiveness of something. For example, google offers a free web analytics tool that is used by Web Masters to track visitors on a given site.
Contact Center Customer Experience Analytical Tool | 8×8…
Bar chart External links:
Bar Charts in R | Examples | Plotly
Bar Charts | Charts | Google Developers
Bar Charts | plotly
Business decision External links:
Business Decision Making Essay – 2636 Words – StudyMode
Microeconomics: Factors Of Business Decision-Making
Business decision making (Book, 1981) [WorldCat.org]
Business intelligence External links:
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Business value External links:
Business Value Calculator – CalculatorWeb
The business value of software (eBook, 2018) …
Computer program External links:
SSOE – Electrical and Computer Engineering – Computer Program
AlphaGo documentary follows Google computer program…
Data analysis External links:
Data Analysis in Excel – EASY Excel Tutorial
Research and Data Analysis | DSHS
Regional Data Warehouse/Data Analysis Site
Data mining External links:
[PDF]Project Title: Data Mining to Improve Water Management
Data model External links:
What is data modeling? Webopedia Definition
Data set External links:
Limited Data Set | HHS.gov
OpenFEMA Dataset: OpenFEMA Data Sets – V1 | FEMA.gov
Descriptive statistics External links:
[DOC]Descriptive statistics for measurements of a single …
[PDF]Chapter XVI Presenting simple descriptive statistics …
Descriptive Statistics – Investopedia
Digital media External links:
Digital Media Academy – Official Site
Examples of digital media types include: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Windows Media Video (WMV), MP3, JPEG, and AVI.
Encompass Digital Media: Your Video Content Delivered
Enterprise social networking External links:
TMT Predictions 2013 – Enterprise Social Networking Survey
Enterprise social networking
Enterprise social networking focuses on the use of online social networks or social relations among people who share business interests and/or activities. Enterprise social networking is often a facility of enterprise social software (regarded as a primary component of Enterprise 2.0), which is essentially social software used in “enterprise” (business/commercial) contexts.
Team Collaboration & Enterprise Social Networking …
Google Analytics External links:
Google Analytics | Google Developers
Google Analytics Solutions – Marketing Analytics & …
Welcome to the Texas Board of Nursing – Google Analytics
Information repository External links:
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository – …
Payment Information Repository (PIR)
Key performance indicator External links:
[PDF]Key Performance Indicators – KPI’s
18 Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Examples Defined
KPI: What Is a Key Performance Indicator? – Mashable
Line chart External links:
Line Chart | Charts | Google Developers
Media monitoring External links:
YouScan – Social media monitoring service
Pie chart External links:
Visualization: Pie Chart | Charts | Google Developers
How to Add Titles in a Pie chart in Excel 2013 – YouTube
How to Create and Format a Pie Chart in Excel
Political science External links:
Department of Political Science
Department of – Political Science
Department of Political Science
Reputation management External links:
BirdEye – Online Reputation Management
Online Reputation Management & Marketing – Reputation Loop
Scatter plot External links:
Scatter Plot Online
Scatter plot – MATLAB scatter – MathWorks
Creating a Scatter Plot in Excel – Nc State University
Sentiment analysis External links:
dictionary – Sentiment Analysis Dictionaries – Stack Overflow
YUKKA Lab – Sentiment Analysis
Social analytics External links:
Social Analytics – Gartner IT Glossary
Social Analytics – Marchex
Enterprise Social Analytics Platform | About
Social business External links:
7 Facts About Social Business And Collaboration Platforms
Social media External links:
WhoDoYou – Local businesses recommended on social media
Social Media Hub | Social Security Administration
Social navigation External links:
Professional and social navigation in Seapilot navigation app
[PDF]Implicit Culture as a Tool for Social Navigation
Social science External links:
What Can I do With a Degree in Social Science?
Social scientist External links:
Employee Profile of John D. Colautti — Social Scientist
www.federalpay.org › … › Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System
Social Scientists – What do Social Scientists do?
Social Scientist on JSTOR
Structured data External links:
Structured Data Testing Tool – Google
Introduction to Structured Data | Search | Google Developers
SEC.gov | What Is Structured Data?
Video sharing External links:
Top 7 Video Sharing Websites Like YouTube – Freemake
HD video sharing with advanced privacy controls | Vimeo Plus
Viuly.io – Decentralized Video Sharing Platform
Word cloud External links:
Word Cloud Titles Quiz – Sporcle
Title 1 Crate Word Cloud – Word cloud – WordItOut
How to Create a Word Cloud in R | Analytics Training Blog