What is involved in Extreme project management
Find out what the related areas are that Extreme project management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Extreme project management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Extreme project management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Extreme project management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Extreme project management related domains to cover and 224 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Extreme project management, Agile software development, Extreme programming, Management, Method, Mindset, Project, Project management, Project manager, Project stakeholders, Project team, Rapid application development, Schedule, Software, Stakeholder, Technology, Time limit:
Extreme project management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Extreme project management tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Extreme project management.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Extreme project management project?
– What are current Extreme project management Paradigms?
– Why are Extreme project management skills important?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Shape Agile software development tasks and integrate design thinking in Agile software development innovation.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– How can agile software development be utilized when the development is done in several different locations instead of one site?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– How is the development team organized?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What is Effective Extreme project management?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– Are Agile teams collocated?
– What is Agility ?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Examine Extreme programming engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Extreme programming.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Extreme project management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Extreme project management activities?
– What vendors make products that address the Extreme project management needs?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Management Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Management goals and be persistent.
– Have we adopted and promoted the companys culture of integrity management, including ethics, business practices and Human Resources evaluations?
– How do you know how much faith you should have in all the information you acquire from textbooks and management journals?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– What is the purpose of Extreme project management in relation to the mission?
– How do you maintain accountability for actions performed by the account?
– Manage a formal Issue Tracker process with your Preferred Vendors?
– Is there a pattern to our clients buying habits (e.g., seasonal)?
– Funding has the funding been fully approved for this project?
– Who will be responsible for carrying out each activity?
– When do current contracts come to an end?
– What is meant by it Service Management?
– Do we develop a Cyber Security Center?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– Who will write the report(s)?
– Can we afford not to change?
– Who pays for changes?
Method Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Method projects and separate what are the business goals Method is aiming to achieve.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Has management conducted a comprehensive evaluation of the entirety of enterprise Risk Management at least once every three years or sooner if a major strategy or management change occurs, a program is added or deleted, changes in economic or political conditions exist, or changes in operations or methods of processing information have occurred?
– What Agile Management Method do you use when your Development DevOps team is working in Continuous Deployment mode?
– Which quality elements and parameters do you test and what types of methods do you use to evaluate quality?
– What analytical methods and mechanisms will be applied to your data either prior to or post integration?
– Are there defined methods to appropriately account for issues related to segregation of duties?
– Monitoring Method: How will we determine that success has been achieved?
– What is driving the industry to develop the SoC design methodology?
– How will systems and methods evolve to remove Big Data solution weaknesses?
– What is the major disadvantage of the net present value method?
– Is everyone starting to wonder, Can we adopt a DevOps method ourselves?
– Are audit criteria, scope, frequency and methods defined?
– Do you use cash as a method of risk control?
– How can we start using agile methods?
– Which method applies?
Mindset Critical Criteria:
Administer Mindset goals and display thorough understanding of the Mindset process.
– Think about the functions involved in your Extreme project management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are accountability and ownership for Extreme project management clearly defined?
Project Critical Criteria:
Refer to Project leadership and report on setting up Project without losing ground.
– How much do political issues impact on the decision in open source projects and how does this ultimately impact on innovation?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– How is personal interaction intertwined with the management of customer relationships in the project business?
– Is there an unplanned business event or project that has occurred and is potential impacting the workload ?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– Do you know your project margins (by client, practice, region and consultant)?
– What are some good open source projects for the internet of things?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Who will be reporting to whom and how often?
– Are baselines tied to project milestones?
– What s the status of the documentation?
– How much should we invest in analyses?
– How many changes are we making?
– Will the Tools Perform Well?
– How would you measure it?
– What project will make us money?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Project management decisions and question.
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Extreme project management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– What is the cost of change?
– What is scrum?
Project manager Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Project manager tactics and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Project manager.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Extreme project management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– What are the actions taken by project managers when leading and implementing a transformational change initiative?
– What should the project manager(s) do differently next time your organization undergoes a change process?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What are the most important skills practitioners consider make an effective people project manager?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can project managers measure project status at any point in time?
– What is the necessity of a Project Manager?
– What is the duty of a Project Manager?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are the project managers?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Dissect Project stakeholders decisions and catalog what business benefits will Project stakeholders goals deliver if achieved.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Extreme project management?
– Who needs to know about Extreme project management ?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Project team goals and assess what counts with Project team that we are not counting.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Extreme project management project?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– What is our formula for success in Extreme project management ?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Categorize Rapid application development results and figure out ways to motivate other Rapid application development users.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Extreme project management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project makes financial sense?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Extreme project management move?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– Technical feasibility -is the solution technically practical?
– What opportunities might a new or enhanced system provide?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– What about Extreme project management Analysis of results?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– Is it applicable?
– When to use dsdm?
Schedule Critical Criteria:
Categorize Schedule management and create Schedule explanations for all managers.
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Does the tool in use have the ability to integrate with Active Directory or sync directory on a scheduled basis, or do look-ups within a multi-domain forest in the sub-100-millisecond range?
– If an introductory phase is called for, is the weight scheduled sufficient to break through to the consumer?
– In a project to restructure Extreme project management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is there a schedule for required password updates from default vendor or manufacturer passwords?
– How likely is the current Extreme project management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– Have extra media been scheduled during particularly strong sales periods during the year?
– Are any problems that cause schedule slips identified as risks prior to their occurrence?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Extreme project management project?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– Optimising schedules in terms of memory port and ALU uses ?
– Has the time for updating the information been scheduled?
– Schedule -can it be done in the given time?
– Cost schedule impact analysis required?
– Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
– Do you keep 50% of your time unscheduled?
Software Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Software adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Does the company have equipment dependent on remote upgrades to firmware or software, or have plans to implement such systems?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the existing tasks, methods and techniques to enable migration of legacy on-premise software to the cloud?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade/refresh cycles?
– Was your software written by your organization or acquired from a third party?
– Can We Quantitatively Assess and Manage Risk of Software Privacy Breaches?
– What if any is the difference between Lean and Agile Software Development?
– Will the broader project community be populated appropriately?
– Can you identify all your it hardware and software locations?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– Is your software easy for IT to manage and upgrade?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– Is the software system reliable?
Stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Discuss Stakeholder governance and cater for concise Stakeholder education.
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Are recovery activities communicated to internal stakeholders and executive and management teams?
– What is the source of the strategies for Extreme project management strengthening and reform?
– Have any stakeholders been involved with activities which could raise the programs profile?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– How do you get buy-in from your stakeholders for a systems approach?
– Who are our stakeholders and what roles do they play?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– Which Stakeholder Characteristics Are Analyzed?
– Who are the key stakeholders?
Technology Critical Criteria:
Face Technology failures and arbitrate Technology techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Technology and Circuits for On-Chip Networks: How will technology (ITRS CMOS) and circuit design affect the design of on-chip networks. What key research issues must be addressed in this area?
– Are applicable tools, gauges and test equipment used in the calibration of M&TE traceable to a National Institute of Standards Technology Standard or Intrinsic Standard?
– If wireless technology is used, is wi-fi protected access (wpa) technology implemented for encryption and authentication when wpa-capable?
– Have managements Risk Management techniques contemplated organizational goals in making technology selection and implementation decisions?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– Which of the itil processes is responsible for ensuring the organization is aware of new and changing technology?
– If you provide a technology service, do you test products for malicious code or other security flaws?
– Technology Drivers – What were the primary technical challenges your organization faced?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– Do you have technology that assist in online monitoring?
– Technology risk -is the project technically feasible?
– What is your users comfort level with technology?
– How will we procure services and technology?
– Do we have the required technology?
– What Types of Technology Exist?
– How will technology be used?
Time limit Critical Criteria:
Guard Time limit issues and report on setting up Time limit without losing ground.
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for a sender to specify a time limit for recipient to access a secure email?
– Is the Extreme project management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Extreme project management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Extreme project management External links:
Extreme Project Management for Architects
Agile software development External links:
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
Nexient | American agile software development
Scrum Overview: Agile Software Development
Extreme programming External links:
What is Extreme Programming? (XP) | Process Maturity | FAQ
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? | Agile Alliance
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? – Definition from Techo…
Management External links:
Motor Vehicle Title Management – Lien Solutions
Homes For Rent – Title One Management
7 Common Management Job Titles and Responsibilities
Method External links:
ABG Interpretation Method – RnCeus.com
The Scientific Method – Science Made Simple
Chinese Input Method Editor – (IME) – Free Online Tools
Mindset External links:
Sunday Opinion: The entitlement mindset of millennials
The Growth Mindset – What is Growth Mindset – Mindset …
Project External links:
Service Dog Project, Danes for the Mobility Disabled
Project management External links:
CCRS | Project Management Institute
Certifications | Project Management Institute
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Project manager External links:
Project Manager Job Description | Job Description …
Project Manager job description template | Workable
What is a Project Manager? – CEG
Project team External links:
GitHub pricing: plans for every project team
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
Rapid Application Development for the Web | Radzen
Best Rapid Application Development (RAD) Software in …
Schedule External links:
Buffalo Bills 2017 Game Schedule
ABC TV Show Schedule – ABC.com
STARZ TV Schedule
Stakeholder External links:
Hazard Mitigation Stakeholder Workshop | FEMA.gov
What You Must Know About Stakeholder Management – CEG
Time limit External links:
Health Insurance, Time Limit on Claim Submission
Removing Old Debts After Credit Reporting Time Limit