What is involved in System Integration
Find out what the related areas are that System Integration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a System Integration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its System Integration journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward System Integration leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which System Integration related domains to cover and 276 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
System Integration, Domain-driven design, Software construction, Radhika Nagpal, System design, Computer programming, Spiral model, System lifecycle, Cleanroom software engineering, Configuration management, Quality function deployment, User experience, Electrical engineering, Systems analysis, Iterative and incremental development, Design review, Software design, Adaptive software development, Integration Competency Center, ISO 9001, Ruzena Bajcsy, Systems engineering, Scaled Agile Framework, Enterprise systems engineering, Microsoft Solutions Framework, Software development methodology, Software engineering, Horizontal integration, Requirements engineering, Software deployment, Model-driven development, Software project management, Verification and validation, Acceptance test–driven development, Quality management, Aerospace engineering, Software prototyping, Software testing, System of record, Information technology, Requirements analysis, Disparate system, Software application, Team software process, Functional specification, Function model, Stand-up meeting, Personal software process, Rapid application development, Data conversion, Systems modeling, Information silo, Safety engineering, Build automation, Biological systems engineering, Continuous Delivery, System dynamics, Software maintenance, Software documentation, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, Common data format, Test-driven development, Graphical user interface builder, Project management, Infrastructure as Code, Multidisciplinary approach, Earth systems engineering and management, Integration platform, Modular design, Wernher von Braun:
System Integration Critical Criteria:
Powwow over System Integration failures and optimize System Integration leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your System Integration strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Is System Integration dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Think of your System Integration project. what are the main functions?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Domain-driven design Critical Criteria:
Meet over Domain-driven design adoptions and gather practices for scaling Domain-driven design.
– Which customers cant participate in our System Integration domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic System Integration objectives?
– How do we Improve System Integration service perception, and satisfaction?
Software construction Critical Criteria:
Frame Software construction projects and improve Software construction service perception.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which System Integration models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What potential environmental factors impact the System Integration effort?
– How do we Lead with System Integration in Mind?
Radhika Nagpal Critical Criteria:
Design Radhika Nagpal planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple Radhika Nagpal skills.
– What are internal and external System Integration relations?
– What threat is System Integration addressing?
– Do we have past System Integration Successes?
System design Critical Criteria:
Shape System design projects and display thorough understanding of the System design process.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these System Integration processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether System Integration goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Performance measurement system design: Should process based approaches be adopted?
– How can skill-level changes improve System Integration?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Computer programming failures and describe the risks of Computer programming sustainability.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this System Integration process?
– In a project to restructure System Integration outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Participate in Spiral model visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Spiral model projects.
– What are the key elements of your System Integration performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How will you measure your System Integration effectiveness?
System lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Meet over System lifecycle management and tour deciding if System lifecycle progress is made.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a System Integration process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the System Integration process available?
– Does System Integration appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Is the scope of System Integration defined?
Cleanroom software engineering Critical Criteria:
Boost Cleanroom software engineering management and sort Cleanroom software engineering activities.
– What are the disruptive System Integration technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are assumptions made in System Integration stated explicitly?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Drive Configuration management management and balance specific methods for improving Configuration management results.
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all cis created as requested by the business users, with the proper attributes?
– Intent: how do you keep the changes from getting out of hand and contain the potential for errors in the build?
– Have test requirements, for acceptance and integration testing, and Configuration Management been developed?
– Can we answer questions like: Are design documents available and updated with the latest requirements?
– Can we answer questions like: Is the right version of the compiler and other software tools specified?
– How do you do maintence on released versions without interfering with your current development work?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– How do you ensure that existing code does not get worse as you make other improvements?
– Have the document owners established priorities for revision and retrieval?
– Which data is least likely to be used in the incident control process?
– In availability management terms, what do the letters cia stand for?
– Are periodic effectiveness assessments done on your cm program?
– How is mobile wimax different from fixed wimax?
– Do design documents match inventory reports?
– What: selection of cis should be managed?
– How to make it easier to sell?
– Does the change involve a usq?
– How are baselines verified?
– What should be in the plan?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Quality function deployment engagements and probe Quality function deployment strategic alliances.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new System Integration in a volatile global economy?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Match User experience engagements and oversee User experience management by competencies.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What are the short and long-term System Integration goals?
– Is a System Integration Team Work effort in place?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Add value to Electrical engineering issues and improve Electrical engineering service perception.
– How do mission and objectives affect the System Integration processes of our organization?
– How do we manage System Integration Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What is Effective System Integration?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Devise Systems analysis decisions and create Systems analysis explanations for all managers.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– For the system you identified select a process. can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– Are there important aspects of system components that cannot be measured adequately at this time?
– Operational feasibility. will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– How do we practically monitor or measure margin to criticality?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– Technical feasibility. is the solution technically practical?
– Why is planning an important step in systems development?
– What is the basic framework for feasibility analysis?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– How will employees react to a new system?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
– What about System Integration Analysis of results?
– Which organizational units affected?
– What are top managements roles?
– Can the process be simplified?
– Why choose ssadm?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Shape Iterative and incremental development issues and define what do we need to start doing with Iterative and incremental development.
– Is there a System Integration Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the System Integration requirements in detail?
Design review Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Design review goals and probe the present value of growth of Design review.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a System Integration project?
– What are all of our System Integration domains and what do they do?
– Is System Integration Required?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Mix Software design decisions and adjust implementation of Software design.
– What vendors make products that address the System Integration needs?
– How can the value of System Integration be defined?
– Why are System Integration skills important?
Adaptive software development Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Adaptive software development failures and triple focus on important concepts of Adaptive software development relationship management.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to System Integration? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are current System Integration Paradigms?
Integration Competency Center Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Integration Competency Center planning and adopt an insight outlook.
– Which System Integration goals are the most important?
ISO 9001 Critical Criteria:
Dissect ISO 9001 failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential ISO 9001 information.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective System Integration leader?
– Does a supplier having an ISO 9001 or AS9100 certification automatically satisfy this requirement?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as System Integration leaders?
Ruzena Bajcsy Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Ruzena Bajcsy results and get answers.
– what is the best design framework for System Integration organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How will you know that the System Integration project has been successful?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Focus on Systems engineering visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Systems engineering.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– Once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– What policies are currently being implemented?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How well should the system perform?
– What are our objectives?
– Where are we today?
– What is a system?
Scaled Agile Framework Critical Criteria:
Add value to Scaled Agile Framework leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Scaled Agile Framework and constraints.
– Does System Integration analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Do System Integration rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Map Enterprise systems engineering risks and look at it backwards.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect System Integration workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the usability implications of System Integration actions?
Microsoft Solutions Framework Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Microsoft Solutions Framework engagements and innovate what needs to be done with Microsoft Solutions Framework.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your System Integration project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– In what ways are System Integration vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How would one define System Integration leadership?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Define Software development methodology planning and work towards be a leading Software development methodology expert.
– In the case of a System Integration project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a System Integration project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any System Integration project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does System Integration include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about System Integration. How do we gain traction?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Depict Software engineering leadership and find out.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of System Integration activities?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in System Integration?
– Does our organization need more System Integration education?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Horizontal integration Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Horizontal integration decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Horizontal integration.
– How can you negotiate System Integration successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we go about Securing System Integration?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Requirements engineering results and get going.
– How do we ensure that implementations of System Integration products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Does System Integration systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who sets the System Integration standards?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software deployment leadership and gather Software deployment models .
– Think about the functions involved in your System Integration project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is our formula for success in System Integration ?
Model-driven development Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Model-driven development adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving System Integration forward?
Software project management Critical Criteria:
Rank Software project management tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Software project management.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that System Integration objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting System Integration with what users do day-to-day?
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Verification and validation issues and document what potential Verification and validation megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the Essentials of Internal System Integration Management?
Acceptance test–driven development Critical Criteria:
Recall Acceptance test–driven development goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How to Secure System Integration?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Quality management goals and display thorough understanding of the Quality management process.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing System Integration? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are accountability and ownership for System Integration clearly defined?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Aerospace engineering quality and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What management system can we use to leverage the System Integration experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do those selected for the System Integration team have a good general understanding of what System Integration is all about?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Match Software prototyping results and separate what are the business goals Software prototyping is aiming to achieve.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of System Integration into the services that we provide?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with System Integration ?
– How to deal with System Integration Changes?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Frame Software testing tactics and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Software testing.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to System Integration?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the System Integration process?
System of record Critical Criteria:
Inquire about System of record decisions and look in other fields.
– Will System Integration have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Value Information technology planning and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Information technology projects.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our System Integration agendas for the next 3 years?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– Are we Assessing System Integration and Risk?
Requirements analysis Critical Criteria:
Pilot Requirements analysis issues and report on setting up Requirements analysis without losing ground.
Disparate system Critical Criteria:
Mine Disparate system failures and oversee Disparate system requirements.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once System Integration is underway?
Software application Critical Criteria:
Unify Software application issues and get the big picture.
– what is the BI software application landscape going to look like in the next 5 years?
– Are there System Integration Models?
Team software process Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Team software process tactics and ask questions.
– What will drive System Integration change?
– Are there recognized System Integration problems?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Functional specification adoptions and acquire concise Functional specification education.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate System Integration delivery for example is new software needed?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Function model engagements and change contexts.
– Do the System Integration decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Stand-up meeting Critical Criteria:
Guard Stand-up meeting issues and reduce Stand-up meeting costs.
– What is the source of the strategies for System Integration strengthening and reform?
– Stand-up meeting time and format?
Personal software process Critical Criteria:
Map Personal software process quality and shift your focus.
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Rapid application development management and do something to it.
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project makes financial sense?
– Operational feasibility -will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a rad proces?
– Technical feasibility -is the solution technically practical?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– What opportunities might a new or enhanced system provide?
– What are the potential costs (variable and fixed)?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– Is the system heavy on computation?
– What are the associated risks?
– What is important for us?
– Why are sdlcs important?
– When use RAD?
Data conversion Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Data conversion management and drive action.
– Have the types of risks that may impact System Integration been identified and analyzed?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Systems modeling outcomes and adjust implementation of Systems modeling.
– Think about the people you identified for your System Integration project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed System Integration opportunities costing us money?
– How can you measure System Integration in a systematic way?
Information silo Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Information silo engagements and perfect Information silo conflict management.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if System Integration does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Coach on Safety engineering strategies and get answers.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of System Integration moving forward?
– Why is System Integration important for you now?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Explore Build automation tasks and report on developing an effective Build automation strategy.
– How is the value delivered by System Integration being measured?
Biological systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Biological systems engineering planning and summarize a clear Biological systems engineering focus.
– What are specific System Integration Rules to follow?
Continuous Delivery Critical Criteria:
Gauge Continuous Delivery decisions and arbitrate Continuous Delivery techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– What is the purpose of System Integration in relation to the mission?
– Does your organization hope to achieve continuous delivery?
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Boost System dynamics planning and customize techniques for implementing System dynamics controls.
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Software maintenance outcomes and define what do we need to start doing with Software maintenance.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
Software documentation Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Software documentation leadership and handle a jump-start course to Software documentation.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for System Integration strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How much does System Integration help?
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Critical Criteria:
Coach on ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 tactics and describe the risks of ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 sustainability.
– Will System Integration deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Common data format Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Common data format failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Are there System Integration problems defined?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Test-driven development tactics and document what potential Test-driven development megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How do we go about Comparing System Integration approaches/solutions?
– What is our System Integration Strategy?
Graphical user interface builder Critical Criteria:
Map Graphical user interface builder adoptions and handle a jump-start course to Graphical user interface builder.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your System Integration activities?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Think about Project management issues and assess what counts with Project management that we are not counting.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Partial solutions can only be used if the information support is being developed for a process that has not yet been computerised. Namely, if users already use an old IT solution – will they partly use the old one and partly the new one?
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– What are the key considerations and decisions that must be made to ensure your project management office is appropriate for your organization?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– How do we deal with change?
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Test Infrastructure as Code results and adopt an insight outlook.
Multidisciplinary approach Critical Criteria:
Investigate Multidisciplinary approach risks and look at the big picture.
Earth systems engineering and management Critical Criteria:
Discuss Earth systems engineering and management leadership and balance specific methods for improving Earth systems engineering and management results.
– How do we keep improving System Integration?
Integration platform Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Integration platform governance and finalize the present value of growth of Integration platform.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding System Integration?
– What are the business goals System Integration is aiming to achieve?
Modular design Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Modular design goals and look for lots of ideas.
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Survey Wernher von Braun tasks and create Wernher von Braun explanations for all managers.
– How likely is the current System Integration plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the System Integration Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
System Integration External links:
WSI – Wireless System Integration – is an IoT enabler
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration Services
Domain-driven design External links:
Domain-Driven Design Belgium (Brussels, Belgium) | Meetup
Radhika Nagpal External links:
Radhika Nagpal Profiles | Facebook
Radhika Nagpal (@npalRadhika) | Twitter
Radhika Nagpal | Speaker | TED
System design External links:
54 System Design – Login
MIT SDM – System Design and Management
Computer programming External links:
Computer programming Meetups – Meetup
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM …
Spiral model External links:
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
Spiral Model : Advantages and Disadvantages ~ I …
System lifecycle External links:
http://The system lifecycle in systems engineering is a view of a system or proposed system that addresses all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production and/or construction, distribution, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
[PDF]SYSTEM LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT 0951
Cleanroom software engineering External links:
[PDF]Cleanroom Software Engineering – Georgia Tech STAR …
[DOC]Cleanroom Software Engineering
Configuration management External links:
Interactive Configuration Management and Procurement …
Configuration Management | IpX
Quality function deployment External links:
Software Quality Function Deployment – iSixSigma
http://www.isixsigma.com › … › QFD/House of Quality
User experience External links:
Google User Experience Research
User Experience Design
eCode360® Library : The Best User Experience | General Code
Electrical engineering External links:
Electrical Engineering Contractors | Connelly Electric
USC Viterbi | Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
Welcome to EECS! | Electrical Engineering and Computer …
Systems analysis External links:
[PDF]Measurement Systems Analysis
My Systems Analysis Ch. 12 Flashcards | Quizlet
Destiny 2 Weapon Systems Analysis – YouTube
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Design review External links:
Design Review | DWF Viewer | Autodesk
[DOC]Design Review SOP – Kentucky
http://water.ky.gov/QA Document Templates/DesignReviewSOPTemplate.doc
[PDF]33.825 Design Review – Portland, Oregon
Software design External links:
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
MjM Software Design
Adaptive software development External links:
An adaptive software development process model – …
What is adaptive software development? – Quora
Adaptive Software Development by Danny Clements on Prezi
Integration Competency Center External links:
The Role of the Integration Competency Center – Gartner
ISO 9001 External links:
ISO 9001: What is it? Who needs Certification and Why?
Bevel Gear Co., LTD | ISO 9001 Precision Gear Manufacturer
Ruzena Bajcsy External links:
Ruzena Bajcsy – AnitaB.org
Ruzena Bajcsy – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Ruzena Bajcsy | The Franklin Institute
Systems engineering External links:
Industrial, Manufacturing, & Systems Engineering – UTA
Integrated Systems Engineering
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Scaled Agile Framework External links:
Scaled Agile Framework – SAFE Flashcards | Quizlet
What is Scaled Agile Framework? – Quora
Iteration Planning – Scaled Agile Framework
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
[PDF]Enterprise Systems Engineering Theory and Practice
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Microsoft Solutions Framework External links:
Microsoft Solutions Framework Team Model and Team …
Microsoft Solutions Framework. Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) is a set of principles, models, disciplines, concepts, and guidelines for delivering information technology services from Microsoft. MSF is not limited to developing applications only; it is also applicable to other IT projects like deployment, networking or infrastructure projects.
Microsoft Solutions Framework: The Deployment Phase
Software development methodology External links:
CIS 610 | Software Development Methodology – CSU Online
CISA Exam-Software Development Methodology …
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Horizontal integration External links:
Horizontal Integration – Investopedia
Job Search and Postings – Horizontal Integration
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Requirements Engineering – Springer
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
Model-driven development External links:
What is model-driven development (MDD) ? – …
Software project management External links:
Full-stack Software Project Management Tools – Unfuddle
Verification and validation External links:
independent verification and validation | MAXIMUS
International Address Verification and Validation | Experian
Quality management External links:
What Is a Quality Management System? | ASQ
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Aerospace engineering External links:
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering – Michigan Engineering
Software prototyping External links:
[PDF]Methods for Software Prototyping
Skill Pages – Software prototyping | Dice.com
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta Software
Software testing External links:
Software Testing, Monitoring, Developer Tools | SmartBear
System of record External links:
The System of Record for Marketing® | Percolate
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Information Technology (IT) Industry & Association | CompTIA
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Requirements analysis External links:
Business Requirements Analysis – Project Management …
CBAP 2.0 Requirements Analysis Flashcards | Quizlet
Training Systems Requirements Analysis (TSRA)
Software application External links:
Help You Sponsor – Child Sponsorship Software Application
Software Application Design & Development – NM DoIT
Team software process External links:
[PDF]Team Software Process (TSP) – Georgia Tech STAR …
Team Software Process | Overview
The Team Software Process | Software Engineering – Scribd
Functional specification External links:
Functional Specification – technet.microsoft.com
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the Gap
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Function model External links:
[PDF]360 Thinking: An Executive Function Model and Program T
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
The Delta Function Model of a Molecule
Stand-up meeting External links:
Agile Methods – Scrum – The Daily Stand-Up Meeting – YouTube
5 Steps to Running an Effective Daily Stand-up Meeting
Personal software process External links:
[PDF]A Bibliography of the Personal Software Process (PSP) …
The SEI Personal Software Process: Improve Yourself! – …
[PDF]The Personal Software Process (PSP)
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
Data conversion External links:
Data conversion (Book, 1983) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Data Conversion Specialist Qualities: Responsibilities
http://www.dtisummit.com/JobDescriptions/Data Conversion Specialist.pdf
[PDF]Data Conversion – CDT – California
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
military systems modeling | DCS Corp
Information silo External links:
Information Silo – investopedia.com
Information silo – Revolvy
What is an Information Silo (IT Silo)? Webopedia Definition
Safety engineering External links:
Safety Engineering and Claims Management – sectn.com
Safety Engineering Home Page – oci.ga.gov
Build automation External links:
Release Management and Build Automation with TFS 2017 …
Best Build Automation Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
Biological systems engineering External links:
Biological Systems Engineering | Washington State University
Biological Systems Engineering | Virginia Tech
People – Biological Systems Engineering – UW–Madison
Continuous Delivery External links:
What is Continuous Delivery? | DevOps – Visual Studio
Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Scaled Agile Framework
GoCD – Open Source Continuous Delivery and Automation …
System dynamics External links:
Vehicle System Dynamics: Vol 56, No 3
System dynamics (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
System Dynamics – RMIT University
Software maintenance External links:
Software maintenance is an anti-pattern – 18F
Citrix Software Maintenance Support Program – Citrix
Salon Iris Updates | Download Software Maintenance
Software documentation External links:
Software Documentation | Zenoss
Software Documentation – FIREHOUSE Software®
How to Write Software Documentation: 8 Steps (with Pictures)
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 External links:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
http://www.iso.org › … › Technical Committees › ISO/IEC JTC 1
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
http://[PDF]ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 N2683 – productrealize.ir
Common data format External links:
[PDF]Common Data Format 3 Overview – CDF3 – MasterCard
[PDF]GMEI Utility – Common Data Format 2.0 and Level 2.0 …
imzML – a common data format for MS imaging
Graphical user interface builder External links:
A graphical user interface builder for Tk – dl.acm.org
Graphical user interface builder – YouTube
[PDF]GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE BUILDER GNUSTEP
Project management External links:
monday – Project management software teams actually love
Project Management Institute – Official Site
Infrastructure as Code External links:
[PDF]Infrastructure as Code whitepaper – d0.awsstatic.com
What is Infrastructure as Code? | DevOps – Visual Studio
Infrastructure as code – the foundation for DevOps | Puppet
Earth systems engineering and management External links:
Earth Systems Engineering and Management as …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management …
[PDF]Earth Systems Engineering and Management – Stephen …
Modular design External links:
Mega Dimension Modular Design Services | Facebook
Wernher von Braun External links:
Wernher von Braun | False Steps
Wernher von Braun – IMDb
Wernher von Braun Quotes – BrainyQuote