What is involved in Reference Data Management Solutions
Find out what the related areas are that Reference Data Management Solutions connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Reference Data Management Solutions thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Reference Data Management Solutions journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Reference Data Management Solutions leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Reference Data Management Solutions related domains to cover and 352 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Reference Data Management Solutions, Marketing operations, Metadata registry, Big data, Machine-Readable Documents, Knowledge management, Identity management, Performance report, Data mart, Document management system, Database administration, Data asset, Data retention, Digital preservation, Relational database, Data privacy, Data integrity, Email address, Master data management, Data maintenance, Data processing, Data integration, Telephone number, Data analysis, Data security, Extract, transform, load, Process Management, Data access, Controlled vocabulary, Data steward, Management fad, Data management plan, Information repository, Data erasure, ERP software, Hierarchical storage management, Data quality assurance, Computer data storage, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Records management, Corporate Data Quality Management, Database management system, Metadata publishing, Document management, Identity theft, Postal code, Metadata discovery, Information Lifecycle Management, Information design, Reference Data Management Solutions, Data architecture, Information management, System integration, Data mining, Data governance, Data theft, Enterprise architecture, Information architecture, Information system, Data modeling, Data curation, Data quality, Customer data integration, Business continuity planning, Open data, Random access, CRM software, Data proliferation, Business intelligence, Data enrichment, Information ladder, Data warehouse:
Reference Data Management Solutions Critical Criteria:
Rank Reference Data Management Solutions outcomes and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Reference Data Management Solutions projects.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Reference Data Management Solutions strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is the scope of Reference Data Management Solutions defined?
– What are our Reference Data Management Solutions Processes?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Marketing operations visions and finalize the present value of growth of Marketing operations.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Reference Data Management Solutions experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Reference Data Management Solutions?
– What is the source of the strategies for Reference Data Management Solutions strengthening and reform?
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Adapt Metadata registry management and drive action.
– For your Reference Data Management Solutions project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do those selected for the Reference Data Management Solutions team have a good general understanding of what Reference Data Management Solutions is all about?
– Are we Assessing Reference Data Management Solutions and Risk?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Review Big data planning and slay a dragon.
– From all data collected by your organization, what is approximately the share of external data (collected from external sources), compared to internal data (produced by your operations)?
– To what extent does your organization have experience with big data and data-driven innovation (DDI)?
– How should we organize to capture the benefit of Big Data and move swiftly to higher maturity stages?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Are accountability and ownership for Reference Data Management Solutions clearly defined?
– Is senior management in your organization involved in big data-related projects?
– What new Security and Privacy challenge arise from new Big Data solutions?
– What if the needle in the haystack happens to be a complex data structure?
– Does your organization have a strategy on big data or data analytics?
– Is recruitment of staff with strong data skills crucial?
– How do you handle Big Data in Analytic Applications?
– Isnt big data just another way of saying analytics?
– How to attract and keep the community involved?
– What is collecting all this data?
– Who is collecting all this data?
– what is Different about Big Data?
– What is Advanced Analytics?
– How to deal with ambiguity?
– Find traffic bottlenecks ?
– How much data so far?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Dissect Machine-Readable Documents engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Machine-Readable Documents.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Reference Data Management Solutions workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Reference Data Management Solutions?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Knowledge management tactics and look at it backwards.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Reference Data Management Solutions process?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Reference Data Management Solutions process?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Drive Identity management tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Identity management because they lack skills.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– How do we manage Reference Data Management Solutions Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– How do we go about Securing Reference Data Management Solutions?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Define Performance report tasks and adjust implementation of Performance report.
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Reference Data Management Solutions?
– How would one define Reference Data Management Solutions leadership?
Data mart Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Data mart adoptions and oversee Data mart management by competencies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Reference Data Management Solutions? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Can we add value to the current Reference Data Management Solutions decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Document management system adoptions and find the essential reading for Document management system researchers.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Reference Data Management Solutions is underway?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Reference Data Management Solutions activities?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Reference Data Management Solutions move?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Frame Database administration strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– What are internal and external Reference Data Management Solutions relations?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
Data asset Critical Criteria:
Infer Data asset decisions and report on developing an effective Data asset strategy.
– What are the disruptive Reference Data Management Solutions technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Is there a catalog of all data assets that will be used or stored in the cloud environment?
– How will you know that the Reference Data Management Solutions project has been successful?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Data retention projects and budget for Data retention challenges.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Reference Data Management Solutions process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Reference Data Management Solutions process available?
– Does our organization need more Reference Data Management Solutions education?
– What are current Reference Data Management Solutions Paradigms?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Gauge Digital preservation outcomes and probe Digital preservation strategic alliances.
– Which customers cant participate in our Reference Data Management Solutions domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is maximizing Reference Data Management Solutions protection the same as minimizing Reference Data Management Solutions loss?
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Relational database leadership and display thorough understanding of the Relational database process.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Is there a Reference Data Management Solutions Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Gauge Data privacy strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Data privacy strategies.
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Learn from Data integrity adoptions and prioritize challenges of Data integrity.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Reference Data Management Solutions. How do we gain traction?
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Why are Reference Data Management Solutions skills important?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Email address failures and check on ways to get started with Email address.
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Reference Data Management Solutions effort?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– What business benefits will Reference Data Management Solutions goals deliver if achieved?
– What is our formula for success in Reference Data Management Solutions ?
Master data management Critical Criteria:
Consider Master data management quality and grade techniques for implementing Master data management controls.
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Why should we use or invest in a Master Data Management product?
– What is Effective Reference Data Management Solutions?
– What Is Master Data Management?
Data maintenance Critical Criteria:
Dissect Data maintenance decisions and change contexts.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Reference Data Management Solutions values?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Reference Data Management Solutions Management?
– Why is Reference Data Management Solutions important for you now?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Data processing leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Data processing relationship management.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Reference Data Management Solutions study?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Is there any existing Reference Data Management Solutions governance structure?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Trace Data integration adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other Data integration users.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Reference Data Management Solutions strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How do we Improve Reference Data Management Solutions service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the usability implications of Reference Data Management Solutions actions?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
Telephone number Critical Criteria:
Analyze Telephone number leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Telephone number.
– Will Reference Data Management Solutions deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Chart Data analysis outcomes and ask what if.
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– How do we keep improving Reference Data Management Solutions?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Data security Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Data security leadership and interpret which customers can’t participate in Data security because they lack skills.
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the minimum data security requirements for a database containing personal financial transaction records?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Reference Data Management Solutions that make it risky?
– Do these concerns about data security negate the value of storage-as-a-service in the cloud?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– So, what should you do to mitigate these risks to data security?
– What will drive Reference Data Management Solutions change?
– Does it contain data security obligations?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
– How will you manage data security?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Boost Extract, transform, load quality and create Extract, transform, load explanations for all managers.
– What are the key elements of your Reference Data Management Solutions performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Among the Reference Data Management Solutions product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Administer Process Management projects and handle a jump-start course to Process Management.
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions analysis show the relationships among important Reference Data Management Solutions factors?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Is Reference Data Management Solutions Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Data access Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Data access planning and develop and take control of the Data access initiative.
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Reference Data Management Solutions forward?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– How will you measure your Reference Data Management Solutions effectiveness?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– What are the implications of tracking/monitoring data access?
– How are data accessed?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
Review Controlled vocabulary quality and probe the present value of growth of Controlled vocabulary.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Reference Data Management Solutions products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Data steward decisions and drive action.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Reference Data Management Solutions services/products?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Reference Data Management Solutions moving forward?
– Other data stewards?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Management fad decisions and adjust implementation of Management fad.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Reference Data Management Solutions information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Reference Data Management Solutions agendas for the next 3 years?
Data management plan Critical Criteria:
Confer over Data management plan visions and oversee Data management plan management by competencies.
– Think about the functions involved in your Reference Data Management Solutions project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Reference Data Management Solutions leaders?
– Have you identified your Reference Data Management Solutions key performance indicators?
– What would be needed in a data management plan to describe use of novel equipment?
– Who is responsible for managing the data and the data management plan?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– Should the data management plan be kept with the data?
– What is a data management plan?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Start Information repository visions and get out your magnifying glass.
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Use past Data erasure leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Data erasure services.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Reference Data Management Solutions processes?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Reference Data Management Solutions objectives?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about ERP software adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for ERP software.
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Think about the people you identified for your Reference Data Management Solutions project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Hierarchical storage management results and pioneer acquisition of Hierarchical storage management systems.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Reference Data Management Solutions strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– In what ways are Reference Data Management Solutions vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Review Data quality assurance visions and overcome Data quality assurance skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Will Reference Data Management Solutions have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Computer data storage Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Computer data storage failures and figure out ways to motivate other Computer data storage users.
– When a Reference Data Management Solutions manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are there Reference Data Management Solutions Models?
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Competence Center Corporate Data Quality adoptions and find out what it really means.
– Does Reference Data Management Solutions analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Probe Records management adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Records management.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Reference Data Management Solutions processes?
Corporate Data Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Start Corporate Data Quality Management planning and forecast involvement of future Corporate Data Quality Management projects in development.
– What is the purpose of Reference Data Management Solutions in relation to the mission?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Understand Database management system management and adopt an insight outlook.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Reference Data Management Solutions project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Reference Data Management Solutions? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Metadata publishing tasks and define Metadata publishing competency-based leadership.
– How much does Reference Data Management Solutions help?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Align Document management planning and reduce Document management costs.
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Are assumptions made in Reference Data Management Solutions stated explicitly?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Meet over Identity theft adoptions and proactively manage Identity theft risks.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– Is a Reference Data Management Solutions Team Work effort in place?
Postal code Critical Criteria:
Define Postal code results and grade techniques for implementing Postal code controls.
– How do we know that any Reference Data Management Solutions analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we maintain Reference Data Management Solutionss Integrity?
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Adapt Metadata discovery visions and be persistent.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Reference Data Management Solutions processes of our organization?
– How can you measure Reference Data Management Solutions in a systematic way?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Information Lifecycle Management results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Information Lifecycle Management.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Reference Data Management Solutions is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Information design Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Information design strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Information design projects.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Reference Data Management Solutions does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– What are the short and long-term Reference Data Management Solutions goals?
Reference Data Management Solutions Critical Criteria:
Examine Reference Data Management Solutions results and figure out ways to motivate other Reference Data Management Solutions users.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Reference Data Management Solutions activities?
– How is the value delivered by Reference Data Management Solutions being measured?
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Reason over Data architecture planning and oversee Data architecture requirements.
– what is the best design framework for Reference Data Management Solutions organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Reference Data Management Solutions with what users do day-to-day?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Information management goals and devote time assessing Information management and its risk.
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Face System integration outcomes and learn.
– How to deal with Reference Data Management Solutions Changes?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Data mining management and spearhead techniques for implementing Data mining.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– Have all basic functions of Reference Data Management Solutions been defined?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Data governance issues and gather practices for scaling Data governance.
– Does the organization regularly review and revise its data content management policies to assure that only those data necessary for meeting the needs described above are collected and/or maintained?
– If enterprise data were always kept fully normalized and updated for business rule changes, would any system re-writes or replacement purchases be necessary?
– Who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and/or informed for decisions regarding these key enterprise data processes?
– How to determine what is yo be included in an inventory and how, when, how often, and by whom it should be updated?
– Is there a process for adding directories and content to the repository, or do people just do what they want?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– Are there established qualitative and quantitative measures of metaData Quality?
– At what organizational level is it appropriate to have a new data element?
– What level of data will be shared in the reports that are distributed?
– How do most enterprises manage hierarchical master data today?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– Where does your sensitive data reside across the enterprise?
– Can the ceo explain the roi for search and metadata?
– Why is the need to implement data governance urgent?
– Do new candidates write code during their interview?
– Who owns the data that is collected?
– What is data governances goal?
– Existing data connections?
– Is the data available?
– Were not doing what?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Data theft management and arbitrate Data theft techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Add value to Enterprise architecture tactics and separate what are the business goals Enterprise architecture is aiming to achieve.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– How do we Identify specific Reference Data Management Solutions investment and emerging trends?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Investigate Information architecture governance and oversee Information architecture management by competencies.
– After figuring out why a site should be built, the second most important aspect of designing information architecture is determining who the audience is. This is an invaluable step that many people fail to grasp. Many sites do not even take into consideration who will be using them. How can you design a site if you do not know whos going to be seeing it?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Has the semantic interoperability been ensured through schema mapping or using established standards like NISO, DoD, Dublin Core?
– What can we present to the user on the web that cannot be done as well in any other medium?
– Is there a mechanism to leverage information for business analytics and optimization?
– Has a plan for taxonomy design, creation, usage and maintenance been established?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Does the size of your site suggest that users will get huge retrieval results?
– Does the mechanism for indexing take frequency of update into consideration?
– What is the cost of the users time spent to find the information they need?
– Is there a requirement to perform a search across multiple data sources?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– How would you organize a virtual bookstore or library or museum?
– What is the composition of each type of information element?
– Has the time for updating the information been scheduled?
– How to judge when enough information has been gathered?
– Why do bad architectures happen so often?
– Can it feel like browsing the shelves ?
– Is it obvious where links lead you?
– What Do You Like About the Web?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Information system management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Information system is getting what it needs.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– How are our information systems developed ?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Data modeling leadership and oversee Data modeling requirements.
– Are there Reference Data Management Solutions problems defined?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Data curation failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Data curation.
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Merge Data quality governance and look in other fields.
– Were changes made during the file extract period to how the data are processed, such as changes to mode of data collection, changes to instructions for completing the application form, changes to the edit, changes to classification codes, or changes to the query system used to retrieve the data?
– Does the dataset contain records for those who are denied eligibility to the program or benefits and how can those records be identified?
– Are there operational indicator definitions meeting relevant standards that are systematically followed by all service points?
– Are there clearly defined and followed procedures to periodically verify source data?
– Is data recorded with sufficient precision/detail to measure relevant indicators?
– Validity: do data values fall within acceptable ranges defined by the business?
– Do you define jargon and other terminology used in data collection tools?
– What criteria should be used to assess the performance of the system?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– Program goals are key – what do you want to do with the data?
– How standardized are Data Quality and governance practices?
– What is the lowest level for which you have data?
– Does data meet the specifications you assumed?
– What are you doing with all this data anyway?
– Is the frequency of review identified?
– How good does data have to be?
– Why is Data Quality necessary?
– Can we interpret the data?
– Where do you clean data?
Customer data integration Critical Criteria:
Trace Customer data integration planning and create Customer data integration explanations for all managers.
– Who will provide the final approval of Reference Data Management Solutions deliverables?
– How can the value of Reference Data Management Solutions be defined?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Shape Business continuity planning leadership and find the essential reading for Business continuity planning researchers.
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Open data Critical Criteria:
Group Open data results and oversee Open data management by competencies.
– How to Secure Reference Data Management Solutions?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Learn from Random access quality and catalog Random access activities.
CRM software Critical Criteria:
Rank CRM software projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling CRM software projects.
– Is the Reference Data Management Solutions organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the business goals Reference Data Management Solutions is aiming to achieve?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Guide Data proliferation outcomes and devote time assessing Data proliferation and its risk.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Reference Data Management Solutions leader?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Reference Data Management Solutions process?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Business intelligence quality and gather practices for scaling Business intelligence.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– Does a BI business intelligence CoE center of excellence approach to support and enhancements benefit our organization and save cost?
– Which OpenSource ETL tool is easier to use more agile Pentaho Kettle Jitterbit Talend Clover Jasper Rhino?
– How should a complicated business setup their business intelligence and analysis to make decisions best?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– What are some successful business intelligence BI apps that have been built on an existing platform?
– What is the biggest value proposition for new BI or analytics functionality at your company?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– Does your bi solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What are some common criticisms of Sharepoint as a knowledge sharing tool?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the new BI system?
– Does your client support bi-directional functionality with mapping?
– What types of courses do you run and what are their durations?
– What business intelligence systems are available?
– Is the product accessible from the internet?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– What is your annual maintenance?
– Why BI?
Data enrichment Critical Criteria:
Systematize Data enrichment projects and oversee Data enrichment requirements.
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information ladder goals and proactively manage Information ladder risks.
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Model after Data warehouse outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Reference Data Management Solutions Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Reference Data Management Solutions External links:
[PDF]Reference Data Management Solutions – rklein.de
[PDF]Reference Data Management Solutions
Reference Data Management Solutions – baunti.de
Marketing operations External links:
Aprimo Leadership – Aprimo Marketing Operations
Aprimo Marketing Operations
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Metadata registry External links:
Home – Aristotle Open Metadata Registry
A Metadata Registry for the Semantic Web – D-Lib Magazine
Big data External links:
Exam 70-475: Designing and Implementing Big Data …
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Event Hubs – Cloud big data solutions | Microsoft Azure
Knowledge management External links:
Lucidea | Knowledge Management Software
Knowledge Management Consulting Firm | Iknow LLC
Knowledge Management System – Login
Identity management External links:
Login Page – Planned Parenthood Identity Management
identity management jobs | Dice.com
ALSDE Identity Management (AIM) « ALSDE (Alabama …
Performance report External links:
[PDF]FY 2016 ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REPORT FY 2018 …
Public ADS-B Performance Report
[PDF]Semi-Annual Performance Report U.S. Department …
Data mart External links:
MPR Data Mart
[PDF]Institutional Research Data Mart: Instructor Guide …
Document management system External links:
Doclink – Document Management System
SKYSITE – Document Management System Software for …
ARB Document Management System
Database administration External links:
[PPT]Database Administration (DBA) – albany.edu
What is Database Administration? – Definition from Techopedia
Data asset External links:
Our Data Asset | JPMorgan Chase Institute
A data asset may be a system or application output file, database, document, or Web page. A data asset also includes a service that may be provided to access data from an application. For example, a service that returns individual records from a database would be a data asset.
Data Asset definitions – Defined Term
Data retention External links:
Data Retention – AbeBooks
[PDF]Data Retention and Destruction Policy
[DOC]Data Retention Policy – hr.waddell.com
Digital preservation External links:
Digital Preservation | govinfo
Digital Bedrock – Digital Preservation Services
Members | The Digital Preservation Network
Relational database External links:
Cloud SQL – MySQL & PostgreSQL Relational Database …
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) – Techopedia.com
Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) – AWS
Data privacy External links:
First Data Privacy & Legal | First Data
Mullen Coughlin – Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Data Integrity Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Data Integrity and Compliance With CGMP Guidance …
Email address External links:
Using your @icloud.com email address – Apple Support
Find any email address with Clearbit Connect
Master data management External links:
What is master data management (MDM)? – Definition …
Master Data Management/PIM Advisory & Implementation
Best Master Data Management (MDM) Software in 2018 | …
Data maintenance External links:
Data Maintenance | Digital Data Technologies Inc
[PDF]Chapter 9 – Data Maintenance – Michigan – SOM
Data Maintenance Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data processing External links:
Southland Data Processing Inc – Login – Payentry
Data Processing Manager 3 and 4 Examination – California
[PDF]Data Processing Manager III – California State Auditor
Data integration External links:
Data Integration Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]DATA INTEGRATION – Academics | WPI
Data Integration Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Telephone number External links:
PERS | Emergency Response Telephone Number
Data analysis External links:
Learn Data Analysis – Intro to Data Analysis | Udacity
Data Analysis – Illinois State Board of Education
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Data security External links:
Data Security – ADP
What is data security – answers.com
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia …
Process Management External links:
Business Process Management Jobs – CareerBuilder
Process Management System | InTechOpen – Open …
Data access External links:
North Dakota Public Data Access
StaffLink Online Data Access
BuildFax Data Access Portal: BDAP
Controlled vocabulary External links:
I Can Read It! Books | Controlled Vocabulary Books | Sonlight
ERIC – Free Text vs. Controlled Vocabulary; A …
Data steward External links:
Seiner’s Data Steward Rules | TDAN.com
Glossary – Data Steward – Bighorn
20 Best Title:(data Steward) jobs (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired
Management fad External links:
Shared services: Management fad or real value – Strategy&
What is MANAGEMENT FAD? What does MANAGEMENT FAD …
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Data management plan External links:
[PDF]Data Management Plan Self-Assessment …
Data Management Plan Examples | YDC2
Creating a Data Management Plan · University of …
Information repository External links:
Payment Information Repository (PIR)
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository
Institutional Scholarly Publication and Information Repository
Data erasure External links:
Complete Data Removal, Data Erasure Software – Blancco
Data Erasure & Data Compliance | Xtech Global
Services – Enterprise Data Erasure
ERP software External links:
BUSINESS™ ERP Software – Accounting, CRM, HR, …
Hierarchical storage management External links:
How to Set Up Hierarchical Storage Management – YouTube
NetBackup and Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM…
Which Hierarchical Storage Management system does …
Data quality assurance External links:
What is Data Quality Assurance? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Data Quality Assurance Solutions – ObservePoint
Computer data storage External links:
Computer Data Storage Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Computer Data Storage Options – Ferris State University
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality | CDQ AG – …
Records management External links:
Records Management by Federal Agencies (44 U.S.C. …
Naval Records Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Corporate Data Quality Management External links:
CDQM means Corporate Data Quality Management – All …
Corporate Data Quality Management | EFQM
Database management system External links:
Database Management System (DBMS) – Techopedia.com
Relational Database Management System | MariaDB Products
ChurchSuite – Church Database Management System
Document management External links:
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
What is Document Management? – DocuVantage
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Identity theft External links:
Land Title: Identity Theft
Postal code External links:
Postal Code Search – con-way.com
FedEx | Zip/Postal Code Lookup
Find a Postal Code | Canada Post
Metadata discovery External links:
Silwood Technology – Safyr, ERP metadata discovery
Improved Metadata Discovery process performance in …
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
Information lifecycle management (Book, 2006) …
Information design External links:
Information design (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Adjunct Lecturer, Information Design & Corporate Communication
MIT 4.s02: Information Design | Fathom
Reference Data Management Solutions External links:
[PDF]Reference Data Management Solutions
Reference Data Management Solutions – baunti.de
Reference Data Management Solutions – maihan.de
Data architecture External links:
Certica Solutions: K-12 Cloud Platform and Data Architecture
Information management External links:
AIMS – Aging Information Management System
Information Management Group, Inc.
System integration External links:
System Integration | Industrial Automation
WSI – Wireless System Integration – is an IoT enabler
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
Data mining External links:
What is Data Mining in Healthcare?
Nebraska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission – GIS Data Mining
UT Data Mining
Data governance External links:
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
What is data governance (DG)? – Definition from …
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Information architecture External links:
Chapter 4: Information Architecture | Web Style Guide
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Information system External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
Buildings Information System
Data modeling External links:
What is Data Modeling? Webopedia Definition
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Data curation External links:
What is data curation? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Title: Data Curation APIs – arXiv
Data curation (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Data quality External links:
Free Address Lookup Tool | Experian – Experian Data Quality
A3-4-02: Data Quality and Integrity (10/24/2016) – Fannie Mae
Customer data integration External links:
Data Stewardship – Customer Data Integration and …
Data Processing & Customer Data Integration (CDI) | Merkle
Customer Data Integration – Just another Tamr Inc. Sites site
Business continuity planning External links:
Business Continuity Planning Flashcards | Quizlet
Business Continuity Planning Suite | Ready.gov
Business Continuity Planning – BCP
Open data External links:
data.pa.gov | PA Open Data Portal
California Health and Human Services Open Data Portal
City of Seattle Open Data portal
Random access External links:
Random access memory on a low energy diet – ScienceDaily
CRM software External links:
CRM Software from Salesforce.com – Customer …
The Best CRM Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
Simple CRM Software – Highrise
Data proliferation External links:
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
CPG Data Proliferation — Frain Industries
Business intelligence External links:
EnsembleIQ | The premier business intelligence resource
Business Intelligence Software – ERP & Project …
Data enrichment External links:
Data Enrichment for Marketing & Sales | Openprise
Playment: Training data for AI, Data Enrichment Services
What is Data Enrichment? – Definition from Techopedia
Data warehouse External links:
data warehouse jobs | Dice.com
Enterprise Data Warehouse | IT@UMN
EZ Data Warehouse