What is involved in Cyber-Insurance
Find out what the related areas are that Cyber-Insurance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cyber-Insurance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cyber-Insurance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cyber-Insurance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cyber-Insurance related domains to cover and 109 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cyber-Insurance, 9/11 attacks, Anti-spam techniques, Antivirus software, Community bank, Computer forensics, Computer virus, Computer worm, Denial of service attacks, Digital cash, Firewall, Hacker, Information security audit, Information technology, Insurance, Intrusion detection system, Online banking, Phishing, Reckitt Benckiser, Risk management, Spamming:
Cyber-Insurance Critical Criteria:
Understand Cyber-Insurance failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Cyber-Insurance and constraints.
– What are the usability implications of Cyber-Insurance actions?
– Is a Cyber-Insurance Team Work effort in place?
9/11 attacks Critical Criteria:
Distinguish 9/11 attacks leadership and raise human resource and employment practices for 9/11 attacks.
– Think about the functions involved in your Cyber-Insurance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Cyber-Insurance study?
– How do we go about Comparing Cyber-Insurance approaches/solutions?
Anti-spam techniques Critical Criteria:
Depict Anti-spam techniques risks and attract Anti-spam techniques skills.
– For your Cyber-Insurance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How will you know that the Cyber-Insurance project has been successful?
– How important is Cyber-Insurance to the user organizations mission?
Antivirus software Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Antivirus software failures and track iterative Antivirus software results.
– Do those selected for the Cyber-Insurance team have a good general understanding of what Cyber-Insurance is all about?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cyber-Insurance objectives?
– Are we Assessing Cyber-Insurance and Risk?
Community bank Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Community bank outcomes and point out improvements in Community bank.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Cyber-Insurance goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is the Cyber-Insurance organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How would one define Cyber-Insurance leadership?
Computer forensics Critical Criteria:
Face Computer forensics issues and maintain Computer forensics for success.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Cyber-Insurance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How likely is the current Cyber-Insurance plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who needs Computer Forensics?
Computer virus Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Computer virus planning and describe the risks of Computer virus sustainability.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Cyber-Insurance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Which Cyber-Insurance goals are the most important?
– Is the scope of Cyber-Insurance defined?
Computer worm Critical Criteria:
Map Computer worm adoptions and do something to it.
– Is maximizing Cyber-Insurance protection the same as minimizing Cyber-Insurance loss?
– What are the short and long-term Cyber-Insurance goals?
– How to Secure Cyber-Insurance?
Denial of service attacks Critical Criteria:
Focus on Denial of service attacks issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Cyber-Insurance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Cyber-Insurance process available?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What ability does the provider have to deal with denial of service attacks?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Cyber-Insurance move?
Digital cash Critical Criteria:
Confer re Digital cash visions and create a map for yourself.
– How do we know that any Cyber-Insurance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is Supporting Cyber-Insurance documentation required?
– What is Effective Cyber-Insurance?
Firewall Critical Criteria:
Discuss Firewall visions and arbitrate Firewall techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– Are all router, switches, wireless access points, and firewall configurations secured and do they conform to documented security standards?
– Is payment card account information stored in a database located on the internal network (not the dmz) and protected by a firewall?
– Does each mobile computer with direct connectivity to the internet have a personal firewall and anti-virus software installed?
– Are the firewall, router, wireless access points, and authentication server logs regularly reviewed for unauthorized traffic?
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– Is the firewall configured to translate (hide) internal ip addresses, using network address translation (nat)?
– Is a firewall used to protect the network and limit traffic to that which is required to conduct business?
– Does the providers firewall control IPv6 access, or protect against both IPv4 and IPv6 attacks?
– How does the firewall quality affect the likelihood of a security breach or the expected loss?
– In a project to restructure Cyber-Insurance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How vulnerable is the firewall to attacks via the network against the firewall itself?
– How does the firewall quality affect the likelihood of a security breach or the expected loss?
– Do changes to the firewall need authorization and are the changes logged?
– Can the firewall support hot-standby/failover/clustering?
– Who needs to know about Cyber-Insurance ?
– Is there router and firewall encryption?
Hacker Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Hacker visions and gather practices for scaling Hacker.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Cyber-Insurance activities?
– What are the business goals Cyber-Insurance is aiming to achieve?
– Are the hackers waiting for me in the cloud?
– How do we Lead with Cyber-Insurance in Mind?
– Should you hire a hacker?
Information security audit Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Information security audit failures and achieve a single Information security audit view and bringing data together.
– How will you measure your Cyber-Insurance effectiveness?
– How can we improve Cyber-Insurance?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Information technology decisions and research ways can we become the Information technology company that would put us out of business.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– What is our formula for success in Cyber-Insurance ?
– How to deal with Cyber-Insurance Changes?
Insurance Critical Criteria:
Review Insurance issues and correct better engagement with Insurance results.
– If the liability portion of a Cybersecurity insurance policy is a claims-made policy, is an extended reporting endorsement (tail coverage) offered?
– What is your insurance agent telling you about your policy and what will be covered and what wont be covered?
– Do you require that sub contractors submit proof of insurance separate from the primary?
– Do you require sub-contractors to carry E&O insurance?
– Do you need any special (e.g., flood) insurance now?
– Insurance covering equipment replacement needs?
– Why is Cyber-Insurance important for you now?
– Is Cybersecurity Insurance coverage a must?
– Insurance coverage?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Dissect Intrusion detection system strategies and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Intrusion detection system.
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– Among the Cyber-Insurance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do the Cyber-Insurance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
– What about Cyber-Insurance Analysis of results?
Online banking Critical Criteria:
Look at Online banking projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Cyber-Insurance with what users do day-to-day?
– How much does Cyber-Insurance help?
Phishing Critical Criteria:
Define Phishing leadership and budget for Phishing challenges.
– Does your company provide resources to improve end-user awareness of phishing, malware, indicators of compromise, and procedures in the event of a potential breach?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Cyber-Insurance agendas for the next 3 years?
– When a Cyber-Insurance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How to Handle Email Spoofing / Phishing?
Reckitt Benckiser Critical Criteria:
Map Reckitt Benckiser issues and secure Reckitt Benckiser creativity.
– Will Cyber-Insurance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Risk management adoptions and pioneer acquisition of Risk management systems.
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Nearly all managers believe that their risks are the most important in the enterprise (or at least they say so) but whose risks really matter most?
– Has a risk situation which has been ongoing over time, with several risk events, escalated to a situation of higher risk?
– Can our company identify any other mandatory Cybersecurity standards that apply to its systems?
– Does our company communicate to employees the process for reporting and containing compromise?
– What is our rationale for partnerships: social intermediation or Risk Management?
– What successes do we have in the area of tools that help us in Risk Management?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– Does the company have an information classification and handling policy?
– Where do we locate our Cybersecurity Risk Management program/office?
– How can Risk Management be tied procedurally to process elements?
– Are Cybersecurity criteria used for vendor and device selection?
– Are protection processes being continuously improved?
– what is our biggest challenge to stress testing?
– What is our Risk Management committee?
– Who will be responsible internally?
– How do users perceive security -what is it?
Spamming Critical Criteria:
Infer Spamming tasks and gather Spamming models .
– Think of your Cyber-Insurance project. what are the main functions?
– Are there recognized Cyber-Insurance problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cyber-Insurance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
9/11 attacks External links:
9/11 Attacks – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com
9/11 Timeline Video – 9/11 Attacks – HISTORY.com
9/11 Attacks – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com
Antivirus software External links:
The best antivirus software of 2017 | TechRadar
Spybot – Search & Destroy Anti-malware & Antivirus Software
Consumer antivirus software providers for Windows
Community bank External links:
First Bank | North and South Carolina Community Bank
Welcome to New York Community Bank
Home › Riverview Community Bank
Computer forensics External links:
Computer Forensics Flashcards | Quizlet
Forensic Control – Computer Forensics & Cyber Security …
LARA – Department Policy on Certificated Computer Forensics
http://www.michigan.gov › … › Regulated/Licensed Professions
Computer virus External links:
Computer Viruses – AbeBooks
Title: Computer Virus – Internet Speculative Fiction Database
The Computer Virus (2004) – IMDb
Computer worm External links:
A computer worm is a standalone malware computer program that replicates itself in order to spread to other computers. Often, it uses a computer network to spread itself, relying on security failures on the target computer to access it.
What is computer worm? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PDF]Computer Worms – School of Computing
Denial of service attacks External links:
Denial of Service Attacks – BCP38
[PPT]Denial of Service Attacks – Columbia University
[1712.07816] Acoustic Denial of Service Attacks on HDDs
Digital cash External links:
Business In The Age Of Digital Cash – Nasdaq.com
Dash is Digital Cash – reddit
Firewall External links:
Managed Firewall Support Site – Home
GlassWire – Personal Firewall & Network Monitor
Hacker External links:
Hacker News – Official Site
The Hacker – Free Online Puzzle Games from AddictingGames
Information security audit External links:
Information Security Auditor Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
ISO 27002 Information Security Audit Questionnaire
Information technology External links:
Umail | University Information Technology Services
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Intrusion detection system External links:
Intrusion Detection Systems – CERIAS
[PDF]Intrusion Detection System Sensor Protection Profile
[PDF]Section 9. Intrusion Detection Systems
Online banking External links:
TD Bank Online Banking
New York Community Bank | Online Banking | Sign In | User ID
Online Banking | Members 1st Federal Credit Union
Phishing External links:
Avoid phishing scams – kb.iu.edu
Internet Phishing Alert | Social Security Administration
How Can I Identify a Phishing Website or Email? – Yahoo Safety
Reckitt Benckiser External links:
McCormick buys Reckitt Benckiser’s food unit – MarketWatch
http://www.marketwatch.com › Industries › Food/Beverages/Tobacco
Risk management External links:
Risk Management – ue.org
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
20 Best Title:(risk Management Manager) jobs (Hiring …