What is involved in Business agility
Find out what the related areas are that Business agility connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business agility thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business agility journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business agility leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business agility related domains to cover and 110 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business agility, Agile software development, Burning Man, Business system, Complex adaptive systems, Complex systems, Complexity, Complexity science, Dynamic decision making, Edge of chaos, Emergence, Enterprise architecture, Holacracy, Model of hierarchical complexity, Organizational intelligence, Participatory organization, Self-organization, Self-organizing, Spontaneous order, W. L. Gore & Associates:
Business agility Critical Criteria:
Chat re Business agility planning and find the ideas you already have.
– Does Business agility include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business agility?
– How to deal with Business agility Changes?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Graph Agile software development outcomes and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Agile software development results.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– What are some keys to successfully conquering ever changing business requirements?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– What is Agility ?
Burning Man Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Burning Man projects and drive action.
– Does Business agility create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How is the value delivered by Business agility being measured?
– Which Business agility goals are the most important?
Business system Critical Criteria:
Judge Business system failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Business system.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business agility objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business agility been identified and analyzed?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– What business benefits will Business agility goals deliver if achieved?
Complex adaptive systems Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Complex adaptive systems failures and pioneer acquisition of Complex adaptive systems systems.
– Does Business agility analysis show the relationships among important Business agility factors?
– Can we do Business agility without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– How can you measure Business agility in a systematic way?
Complex systems Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Complex systems issues and define what do we need to start doing with Complex systems.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business agility strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are our needs in relation to Business agility skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Detail Complexity projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Complexity.
– The approach of traditional Business agility works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– For your Business agility project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– Is Business agility dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What are specific Business agility Rules to follow?
Complexity science Critical Criteria:
Think about Complexity science strategies and explore and align the progress in Complexity science.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business agility processes of our organization?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business agility activities?
– Who sets the Business agility standards?
Dynamic decision making Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Dynamic decision making results and customize techniques for implementing Dynamic decision making controls.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business agility models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does Business agility systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is maximizing Business agility protection the same as minimizing Business agility loss?
Edge of chaos Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Edge of chaos goals and integrate design thinking in Edge of chaos innovation.
– Consider your own Business agility project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What is the purpose of Business agility in relation to the mission?
Emergence Critical Criteria:
Judge Emergence strategies and find out what it really means.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business agility? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Does Business agility analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How is the emergence of new CRM solutions offered factored in?
– What will drive Business agility change?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Adapt Enterprise architecture strategies and oversee Enterprise architecture management by competencies.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business agility, including any consulting or professional services?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Will Business agility deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What are the short and long-term Business agility goals?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Holacracy Critical Criteria:
Survey Holacracy planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Holacracy results.
– what is the best design framework for Business agility organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business agility strengthening and reform actually originate?
Model of hierarchical complexity Critical Criteria:
Check Model of hierarchical complexity quality and find answers.
– How do we know that any Business agility analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we maintain Business agilitys Integrity?
– Is the scope of Business agility defined?
Organizational intelligence Critical Criteria:
Align Organizational intelligence risks and transcribe Organizational intelligence as tomorrows backbone for success.
– When a Business agility manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business agility?
– Do we have past Business agility Successes?
Participatory organization Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Participatory organization planning and assess and formulate effective operational and Participatory organization strategies.
– What about Business agility Analysis of results?
– What threat is Business agility addressing?
Self-organization Critical Criteria:
Add value to Self-organization outcomes and handle a jump-start course to Self-organization.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business agility leaders?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business agility study?
Self-organizing Critical Criteria:
Apply Self-organizing strategies and sort Self-organizing activities.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business agility project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business agility project lifecycle?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business agility agendas for the next 3 years?
Spontaneous order Critical Criteria:
Administer Spontaneous order failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Spontaneous order decisions.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business agility project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business agility activities?
– What is our formula for success in Business agility ?
W. L. Gore & Associates Critical Criteria:
X-ray W. L. Gore & Associates issues and assess and formulate effective operational and W. L. Gore & Associates strategies.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business agility process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business agility Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business agility External links:
How DevOps Can Unleash Business Agility | Pega
Business Agility | Agile Business Consortium
What is Business Agility? | HRZone
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
Nexient | American agile software development
Scrum Overview: Agile Software Development
Burning Man External links:
Fly Ranch – Burning Man Project
Burning Man Gallery | Burning Man Photos
Burning Man Festival, – Business Insider
Business system External links:
[PDF]General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS)
Diversity Management Business System
Complex adaptive systems External links:
Research | Complex Adaptive Systems Initiative
[PDF]Complex Adaptive Systems – MIT
http://web.mit.edu/esd.83/www/notebook/Complex Adaptive Systems.pdf
[PDF]PDF Complex Adaptive Systems – PCL
Complex systems External links:
Information Modeling and Control of Complex Systems …
4-2.5 Complex Systems – USPS
Hiring Teams – Complex systems channel – Medium
Complexity External links:
Achievethecore.org :: Text Complexity
[PDF]Prescribed Fire Complexity Rating System Guide
VHA Operative Complexity – Veterans Health Administration
Complexity science External links:
Complexity Science Flashcards | Quizlet
complexity map castellani map of complexity science
Definition 4: Complex systems is a scientific field, which studies the common properties of systems considered complex in nature, society and science. It is also called complex systems theory, complexity science, study of complex systems and/or sciences of complexity.
Dynamic decision making External links:
What is Dynamic Decision Making? – YouTube
Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory
Edge of chaos External links:
At The Edge Of Chaos | Teaching. Leadership. Opinion.
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos on GOG.com
Crul’shorukh, Edge of Chaos – Item – World of Warcraft
Emergence External links:
Home – Emergence Health Network
Investing | Emergence Conference 2018
Home – Emergence Health Network careers
Enterprise architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Holacracy External links:
Beyond the Holacracy Hype – Harvard Business Review
Holacracy – Official Site
holaSpirit – Application for Holacracy and teal organizations
Model of hierarchical complexity External links:
Model of hierarchical complexity (1/3) – YouTube
The Model of Hierarchical Complexity provides the basis to
Model of Hierarchical Complexity – Learning Theories
Organizational intelligence External links:
[PDF]Modeling organizational intelligence: Nothing …
Organizational Intelligence Surveys: A Smarter …
CompetencyIQ | Organizational Intelligence
Participatory organization External links:
triaxiom9 – We are an open participatory organization
Self-organization External links:
Self-organization in Communicating Groups – the …
Self-organizing External links:
Self-Organizing Particle Systems
Self-Organizing Systems Research Group
Spontaneous order External links:
Spontaneous Order – Home | Facebook
Spontaneous Order – Google+
Immanuel Kant on Spontaneous Order | Libertarianism.org