What is involved in Remote Monitoring and Device Management
Find out what the related areas are that Remote Monitoring and Device Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Remote Monitoring and Device Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Remote Monitoring and Device Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Remote Monitoring and Device Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Remote Monitoring and Device Management related domains to cover and 113 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Remote Monitoring and Device Management, Remote monitoring and management, Absolute Manage, Apple Remote Desktop, Application performance management, Application service management, Back Orifice, Back Orifice 2000, Citrix XenApp, Comparison of remote desktop software, IBM BigFix, Information technology outsourcing, Managed services, NX technology, NetSupport Manager, Netop Remote Control, Network management, Network monitoring, Remote Desktop Services, Remote Utilities, Remote administration, Remote desktop software, Secure Shell, Service management, Software agent, System Center Configuration Manager, Virtual Network Computing:
Remote Monitoring and Device Management Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Remote Monitoring and Device Management leadership and assess what counts with Remote Monitoring and Device Management that we are not counting.
– Is there a Remote Monitoring and Device Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we monitor the Remote Monitoring and Device Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Remote monitoring and management Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Remote monitoring and management leadership and change contexts.
– Think about the people you identified for your Remote Monitoring and Device Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Why should we adopt a Remote Monitoring and Device Management framework?
Absolute Manage Critical Criteria:
Sort Absolute Manage strategies and sort Absolute Manage activities.
– Does Remote Monitoring and Device Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the key elements of your Remote Monitoring and Device Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do we know that any Remote Monitoring and Device Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Apple Remote Desktop Critical Criteria:
Mine Apple Remote Desktop projects and pioneer acquisition of Apple Remote Desktop systems.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Remote Monitoring and Device Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Remote Monitoring and Device Management processes?
– Is Remote Monitoring and Device Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Application performance management governance and point out improvements in Application performance management.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Remote Monitoring and Device Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How important is Remote Monitoring and Device Management to the user organizations mission?
Application service management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Application service management goals and triple focus on important concepts of Application service management relationship management.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Remote Monitoring and Device Management services/products?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Remote Monitoring and Device Management process?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Remote Monitoring and Device Management with what users do day-to-day?
Back Orifice Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Back Orifice failures and reduce Back Orifice costs.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Remote Monitoring and Device Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is the Remote Monitoring and Device Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Back Orifice 2000 Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Back Orifice 2000 outcomes and oversee Back Orifice 2000 management by competencies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Remote Monitoring and Device Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which customers cant participate in our Remote Monitoring and Device Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the barriers to increased Remote Monitoring and Device Management production?
Citrix XenApp Critical Criteria:
Test Citrix XenApp decisions and achieve a single Citrix XenApp view and bringing data together.
– What are the short and long-term Remote Monitoring and Device Management goals?
– What about disaster recovery?
Comparison of remote desktop software Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Comparison of remote desktop software strategies and change contexts.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Remote Monitoring and Device Management process?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Remote Monitoring and Device Management forward?
IBM BigFix Critical Criteria:
Nurse IBM BigFix strategies and report on developing an effective IBM BigFix strategy.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Remote Monitoring and Device Management in a volatile global economy?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Remote Monitoring and Device Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What threat is Remote Monitoring and Device Management addressing?
Information technology outsourcing Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Information technology outsourcing outcomes and find answers.
– Do the Remote Monitoring and Device Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How would one define Remote Monitoring and Device Management leadership?
Managed services Critical Criteria:
Administer Managed services issues and research ways can we become the Managed services company that would put us out of business.
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– Does Remote Monitoring and Device Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Do Remote Monitoring and Device Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Why choose managed services?
NX technology Critical Criteria:
Set goals for NX technology adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other NX technology users.
– What are all of our Remote Monitoring and Device Management domains and what do they do?
– Is Remote Monitoring and Device Management Required?
NetSupport Manager Critical Criteria:
Differentiate NetSupport Manager risks and track iterative NetSupport Manager results.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Remote Monitoring and Device Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Remote Monitoring and Device Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Who needs to know about Remote Monitoring and Device Management ?
Netop Remote Control Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Netop Remote Control risks and assess what counts with Netop Remote Control that we are not counting.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Remote Monitoring and Device Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Remote Monitoring and Device Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Remote Monitoring and Device Management project?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Network management visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Remote Monitoring and Device Management move?
– How will you measure your Remote Monitoring and Device Management effectiveness?
– How do we Lead with Remote Monitoring and Device Management in Mind?
Network monitoring Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Network monitoring issues and gather practices for scaling Network monitoring.
– In a project to restructure Remote Monitoring and Device Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Remote Monitoring and Device Management strengthening and reform?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Remote Monitoring and Device Management study?
Remote Desktop Services Critical Criteria:
Generalize Remote Desktop Services tasks and stake your claim.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Remote Monitoring and Device Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can you negotiate Remote Monitoring and Device Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
Remote Utilities Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Remote Utilities visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Remote Utilities decisions.
– Why are Remote Monitoring and Device Management skills important?
Remote administration Critical Criteria:
Investigate Remote administration failures and spearhead techniques for implementing Remote administration.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Remote Monitoring and Device Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Remote Monitoring and Device Management?
– Are secure, encrypted communications used for remote administration of production systems and applications?
– Is a Remote Monitoring and Device Management Team Work effort in place?
Remote desktop software Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Remote desktop software strategies and optimize Remote desktop software leadership as a key to advancement.
– Is there any existing Remote Monitoring and Device Management governance structure?
– How much does Remote Monitoring and Device Management help?
Secure Shell Critical Criteria:
Analyze Secure Shell engagements and define what do we need to start doing with Secure Shell.
– How will you know that the Remote Monitoring and Device Management project has been successful?
– Think of your Remote Monitoring and Device Management project. what are the main functions?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Remote Monitoring and Device Management?
Service management Critical Criteria:
Mine Service management failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Service management strategies.
– So you have designed a great process, have invested in a slick itsm tool and paid your consultants for the best advice you could purchase. What makes you think anyone is actually going to follow the new processes after you close up the project and take down the posters?
– Client participation is one of the best indicators of program quality. if participation is low or declining, it may be an indicator of customer dissatisfaction with one or more aspects of the program. what client involvement is there with the current program?
– Does the cloud service provider require third-party providers in order to deliver services?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– What continuity plans are in place for recovering data, infrastructure and applications?
– How many production and development problems are caused by change and release issues?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– What are the key differences for us between asset management and Service Management?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How do the elements of our service package support our competitive strategy?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What best practices are relevant to your service management initiative?
– Is there a defined enterprise IT tool strategy and architecture model?
– How do we incorporate a service profit chain concept in our design?
– What are the relevant reasons for IT Service Management?
– What Tools Can I Deploy?
– What is working?
Software agent Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Software agent governance and achieve a single Software agent view and bringing data together.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Remote Monitoring and Device Management processes?
– Is maximizing Remote Monitoring and Device Management protection the same as minimizing Remote Monitoring and Device Management loss?
System Center Configuration Manager Critical Criteria:
Set goals for System Center Configuration Manager decisions and describe which business rules are needed as System Center Configuration Manager interface.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Remote Monitoring and Device Management been identified and analyzed?
– Does our organization need more Remote Monitoring and Device Management education?
Virtual Network Computing Critical Criteria:
Model after Virtual Network Computing failures and cater for concise Virtual Network Computing education.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Remote Monitoring and Device Management processes?
– Do those selected for the Remote Monitoring and Device Management team have a good general understanding of what Remote Monitoring and Device Management is all about?
– Is Remote Monitoring and Device Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Remote Monitoring and Device Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Remote monitoring and management External links:
Remote Monitoring and Management – Precise PCs
Remote Monitoring and Management Archives – Aleph IT
Vector Choice Remote Monitoring and Management
Absolute Manage External links:
Absolute Manage MDM: Introduction on Vimeo
Absolute Manage – Here is How it Works – YouTube
Absolute Manage MDM – YouTube
Apple Remote Desktop External links:
How to use Apple Remote Desktop 3.8 with WHD |THWACK
Apple Remote Desktop for Mac – Download
SEP with Apple Remote Desktop or Casper – Symantec
Application performance management External links:
PRTG Application Performance Management Software
Application Performance Management – Avocado Consulting
What is Application Performance Management? 10 APM Features
Application service management External links:
“End-User Touching APPLICATION SERVICE MANAGEMENT” …
Skill Pages – Application service management | Dice.com
Back Orifice External links:
Back Orifice Alert – Omninet
Back Orifice Description | F-Secure Labs
Back Orifice 2000 External links:
Back Orifice 2000 – Cisco
Citrix XenApp External links:
Citrix XenApp Performance Testing – Login VSI
Can Steelheads optimize Citrix XenApp 7.5? | Riverbed Splash
Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.x (Advanced) |THWACK
Comparison of remote desktop software External links:
Comparison of remote desktop software – revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/Comparison of remote desktop software
comparison of remote desktop software_pdf
Comparison of remote desktop software – seomastering.com
IBM BigFix External links:
IBM BigFix Reviews and Pricing in 2017 | IT Central Station
Endpoint Management with IBM BigFix – YouTube
IBM BigFix Compliance – Australia
Information technology outsourcing External links:
Information Technology Outsourcing – Costs Down Revenue Up
DTSI Group Information Technology Outsourcing Company News
Managed services External links:
IT Services, Managed Services, Cloud Services – Ethan Group
Title: IT Managed Services – tendersonline.com.au
BitTitan – Managed Services Automation
NX technology External links:
NX Technology Platform | Cree LED Components
NetSupport Manager External links:
What’s New in NetSupport Manager
NetSupport Manager | Pixel IT
NetSupport Manager – Home | Facebook
Netop Remote Control External links:
NETOP REMOTE CONTROL – ProApptive
Download Remote Access Software | Netop Remote Control
Netop Remote Control – Log gathering – YouTube
Network management External links:
Network Management Review Q’s Network
What is Network Management? Webopedia Definition
NMS- Network Management Service
Network monitoring External links:
BLËSK Network Monitoring – BLESK network monitoring
AKIPS – Network Monitoring Software
Domotz Network Monitoring – Add-on Packages | Synology Inc.
Remote Desktop Services External links:
NuoRDS – Remote Desktop Services for Mac computers
Duo Authentication for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
Office 365 and Remote Desktop Services | Aidan Finn, IT Pro
Remote Utilities External links:
Remote Utilities – About | Facebook
Remote Utilities – Download
Remote administration External links:
About the NetBackup Remote Administration Console
Jardine OneSolution Remote Administration
SSH and FTP for Remote Administration – YouTube
Remote desktop software External links:
Teamviewer Alternative: 10 Best Remote Desktop Software
Bellridge – ISL Online | Enterprise Remote Desktop Software
Purchase Supremo Remote Desktop Software
Secure Shell External links:
Mobile SSH (Secure Shell) – Android Apps on Google Play
How to enable SSH (Secure Shell) on a My Cloud | WD Support
What is Secure Shell (SSH)? Webopedia Definition
Service management External links:
Customers | ASG IT Service Management that Exceeds
IT Service Management News – ASG
Client Access – Service Management Group
Software agent External links:
Is MID server a software agent? | ServiceNow Community
Find Your Itasca Software Agent | Itasca Consulting Group
System Center Configuration Manager External links:
System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) – IT Services
The System Center Configuration Manager Cmdlet Library
Virtual Network Computing External links:
Virtual Network Computing – Computerworld New Zealand
VNC – Virtual Network Computing from ORL
Virtual Network Computing (VNC) – The Tao of Mac