What is involved in Bluemix
Find out what the related areas are that Bluemix connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Bluemix thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Bluemix journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Bluemix leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Bluemix related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Bluemix, EXo Platform, Google Cloud Functions, Inktank Storage, Cloud computing security, Cloud computing, Software developer, Software as a service, VMware vCloud Air, Virtual Machine Manager, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Computer network, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, IBM cloud computing, Comparison of structured storage software, Cloud database, Cloud Foundry, EMC Atmos, Virtual private cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, G Suite, Platform as a service, Rackspace Cloud, Apache CloudStack, Zoho Corporation, Amazon Lambda, HPE Helion, HP Cloud, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Web API, Hardware virtualization, Zadara Storage, SAP Cloud Platform, Google App Engine, Serverless computing, Infrastructure as a service, Bluemix:
Bluemix Critical Criteria:
Mix Bluemix failures and attract Bluemix skills.
– Are assumptions made in Bluemix stated explicitly?
– Is a Bluemix Team Work effort in place?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Confer re EXo Platform engagements and get going.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Bluemix?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Bluemix forward?
– How do we measure improved Bluemix service perception, and satisfaction?
Google Cloud Functions Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Google Cloud Functions tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Google Cloud Functions.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Bluemix. How do we gain traction?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Bluemix?
– Is there any existing Bluemix governance structure?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Recall Inktank Storage failures and assess and formulate effective operational and Inktank Storage strategies.
– Do those selected for the Bluemix team have a good general understanding of what Bluemix is all about?
– How likely is the current Bluemix plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Guide Cloud computing security quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Cloud computing security.
– Think about the functions involved in your Bluemix project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Bluemix project?
– How important is Bluemix to the user organizations mission?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Confer over Cloud computing engagements and do something to it.
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– Recoverability: how will the service provider respond to disasters and ensure continued service?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
– what is the future of private cloud?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Use past Software developer decisions and report on the economics of relationships managing Software developer and constraints.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Bluemix? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Is Bluemix dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Define Software as a service issues and stake your claim.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Bluemix delivery for example is new software needed?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Think of your Bluemix project. what are the main functions?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Be clear about VMware vCloud Air governance and get going.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Bluemix process?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Bluemix is underway?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Consider Virtual Machine Manager outcomes and assess what counts with Virtual Machine Manager that we are not counting.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Bluemix services/products?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Bluemix requirements in detail?
– Have you identified your Bluemix key performance indicators?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Group Google Docs, Sheets and Slides adoptions and perfect Google Docs, Sheets and Slides conflict management.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Bluemix leader?
– What are internal and external Bluemix relations?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Computer network tactics and probe Computer network strategic alliances.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Bluemix process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Bluemix process available?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Bluemix agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What are the barriers to increased Bluemix production?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Administer Abiquo Enterprise Edition decisions and correct better engagement with Abiquo Enterprise Edition results.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Bluemix moving forward?
– What vendors make products that address the Bluemix needs?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Categorize IBM cloud computing governance and optimize IBM cloud computing leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Bluemix in a volatile global economy?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Bluemix with what users do day-to-day?
– How do we keep improving Bluemix?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Consider Comparison of structured storage software goals and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Comparison of structured storage software services.
– Is there a Bluemix Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are the short and long-term Bluemix goals?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Examine Cloud database tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Cloud database services.
– Which customers cant participate in our Bluemix domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How much does Bluemix help?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Cloud Foundry decisions and sort Cloud Foundry activities.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Bluemix experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Bluemix, including any consulting or professional services?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Trace EMC Atmos failures and learn.
– Are there recognized Bluemix problems?
– Are there Bluemix Models?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Trace Virtual private cloud adoptions and describe which business rules are needed as Virtual private cloud interface.
– What are current Bluemix Paradigms?
– How to deal with Bluemix Changes?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Guide Amazon Web Services projects and check on ways to get started with Amazon Web Services.
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Does Bluemix analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Study Microsoft Azure tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Microsoft Azure.
– How is the value delivered by Bluemix being measured?
– Is the scope of Bluemix defined?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Graph G Suite leadership and display thorough understanding of the G Suite process.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Bluemix processes?
– How do we go about Comparing Bluemix approaches/solutions?
– Do we all define Bluemix in the same way?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Platform as a service failures and devote time assessing Platform as a service and its risk.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Bluemix product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Bluemix Management?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Rackspace Cloud strategies and catalog what business benefits will Rackspace Cloud goals deliver if achieved.
– Does Bluemix analysis show the relationships among important Bluemix factors?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Bluemix that make it risky?
– How do we Improve Bluemix service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Confer re Apache CloudStack engagements and transcribe Apache CloudStack as tomorrows backbone for success.
– what is the best design framework for Bluemix organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Bluemix process?
– Can we do Bluemix without complex (expensive) analysis?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Administer Zoho Corporation tasks and oversee implementation of Zoho Corporation.
– For your Bluemix project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Amazon Lambda Critical Criteria:
Analyze Amazon Lambda goals and describe which business rules are needed as Amazon Lambda interface.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Bluemix strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Does Bluemix systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do the Bluemix decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Discuss HPE Helion governance and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling HPE Helion projects.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Bluemix study?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Understand HP Cloud results and get the big picture.
– What is our formula for success in Bluemix ?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Mine FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 tactics and plan concise FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 education.
Web API Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Web API tasks and tour deciding if Web API progress is made.
– Which Bluemix goals are the most important?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Hardware virtualization management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Hardware virtualization projects.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Bluemix project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Bluemix does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we Identify specific Bluemix investment and emerging trends?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
X-ray Zadara Storage strategies and get going.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Bluemix is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are our needs in relation to Bluemix skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Frame SAP Cloud Platform failures and remodel and develop an effective SAP Cloud Platform strategy.
– In a project to restructure Bluemix outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is Supporting Bluemix documentation required?
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Google App Engine visions and reduce Google App Engine costs.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Bluemix strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the usability implications of Bluemix actions?
Serverless computing Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Serverless computing quality and shift your focus.
– Are accountability and ownership for Bluemix clearly defined?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Infrastructure as a service quality and summarize a clear Infrastructure as a service focus.
– How will you measure your Bluemix effectiveness?
– How do we Lead with Bluemix in Mind?
Bluemix Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Bluemix quality and change contexts.
– Consider your own Bluemix project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Bluemix Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Bluemix External links:
BlueMix Meetups – Meetup
EXo Platform External links:
eXo Platform, San Francisco, CA. 96K likes. The Open Source Enterprise Social Platform – https://www.exoplatform.com
eXo Platform (@eXoPlatform) | Twitter
eXo platform – Frequently Asked Questions
Google Cloud Functions External links:
Google Cloud Functions and Firebase | Firebase
Serverless – Google Cloud Functions
Google Cloud Functions Documentation | Cloud …
Inktank Storage External links:
Peter Trepp V. Inktank Storage, Inc. Et Al – C-D-CA
Cloud computing security External links:
What is cloud computing security? – Definition from …
DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide …
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
Cloud computing External links:
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer windows 8 1 enterprise activation keys free Download AutoCAD Full Version Crack Microsoft Word 2013 Free Install
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Become a Software Developer In 12 Weeks | Coder Camps
Software as a service External links:
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Software as a Service | Accenture
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air
An Introduction to VMware vCloud Air – YouTube
VMware vCloud Air
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – Adelphi University
Computer network External links:
Computer network (eBook, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Press Release | …
OvumAbiquo – Abiquo Enterprise Edition – Ovum
Cloud database External links:
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft …
Cloud Foundry External links:
Pivotal Cloud Foundry – Official Site
Cloud Foundry Incubator · GitHub
Cloud Foundry – Official Site
EMC Atmos External links:
List of EMC Atmos language specific bindings – DECN
[PDF]EMC Atmos Programmer’s Guide
EMC Atmos Generation 3 G3 – SSCS
Virtual private cloud External links:
Private Cloud Hosting with CloudConnect Virtual Private Cloud
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Essentials | Azure training – cloud services
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
G Suite External links:
G Suite – Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar and More for Business
G Suite | Google for Education
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
Platform as a service External links:
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Video Platform as a Service – Ziggeo
Fully Managed Big Data Platform as a Service | Cazena
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud Drive | Rackspace Hosting
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
PubCon Exhibitor : Rackspace Cloud – Pubcon
Apache CloudStack External links:
www.Cloudstack.com | Cloudstack – Apache CloudStack…
Apache CloudStack Engineers – The CloudStack Company
Apache CloudStack (@CloudStack) | Twitter
Zoho Corporation External links:
GDPR Compliance Corporate Statement | Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation Events | Eventbrite
Amazon Lambda External links:
Are there any alternatives to Amazon Lambda? – Quora
HPE Helion External links:
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
IneoQuest/HPE Helion | Ineoquest
HP Cloud External links:
An introduction to the HP Cloud – TechRepublic
HP Cloud Reviews | Latest Customer Reviews and Ratings
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 External links:
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – Fujitsu United States
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Web API External links:
ASP.NET Web API – Secure ASP.NET Web API with …
Create a Web API with ASP.NET Core and VS Code
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage – YouTube
Zadara Storage (@ZadaraStorage) | Twitter
Zadara Storage | Crunchbase
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
SAP Cloud Platform Integration
mind-demous – SAP Cloud Platform
SAP Cloud Platform Big Data Services Login – Altiscale
Google App Engine External links:
Google App Engine – Download
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Serverless computing External links:
What is Serverless Computing? | Cloud Computing – Quora
Serverless Computing | Microsoft Azure
Serverless Computing – Amazon Web Services
Infrastructure as a service External links:
Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) | Accenture
[PDF]EIS Service Guide: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Bluemix External links:
BlueMix Meetups – Meetup