What is involved in Technology governance
Find out what the related areas are that Technology governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Technology governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Technology governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Technology governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Technology governance related domains to cover and 123 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Technology governance, Academic administration, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Corporate governance, Corporate governance of information technology, Cultural governance, Data governance, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Economic development, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, European Union, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, Information and communications technology, Information governance, Lisbon Strategy, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Non-governmental organization, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Political party governance, Private governance, Project governance, Public policy, SOA governance, Security sector governance and reform, Simulation governance, Soil governance, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Transnational governance, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Value Technology governance risks and oversee implementation of Technology governance.
– Will Technology governance have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we Lead with Technology governance in Mind?
– What are our Technology governance Processes?
Academic administration Critical Criteria:
Debate over Academic administration leadership and point out improvements in Academic administration.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Technology governance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Technology governance forward?
– What are specific Technology governance Rules to follow?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Test Chief governance officer projects and sort Chief governance officer activities.
– In a project to restructure Technology governance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Think of your Technology governance project. what are the main functions?
– Are there recognized Technology governance problems?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Generalize Climate governance issues and track iterative Climate governance results.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Technology governance processes?
– What are current Technology governance Paradigms?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Guide Clinical governance governance and intervene in Clinical governance processes and leadership.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Technology governance agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the business goals Technology governance is aiming to achieve?
– Is Technology governance Required?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Refer to Collaborative governance risks and innovate what needs to be done with Collaborative governance.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Technology governance process?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Confer re Corporate governance adoptions and ask questions.
– In what ways are Technology governance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do we Improve Technology governance service perception, and satisfaction?
Corporate governance of information technology Critical Criteria:
Scan Corporate governance of information technology results and innovate what needs to be done with Corporate governance of information technology.
– Can we add value to the current Technology governance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Technology governance been identified and analyzed?
– How do we go about Comparing Technology governance approaches/solutions?
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Frame Cultural governance visions and tour deciding if Cultural governance progress is made.
– What are the usability implications of Technology governance actions?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Boost Data governance planning and integrate design thinking in Data governance innovation.
– Does the organization have a written plan outlining processes for monitoring compliance with its established policies and procedures?
– Have mechanisms been put in place to de-identify data whenever possible(e.g.,by removing all direct and indirect identifiers)?
– Metrics generation opportunities can this field or table create useful metrics or appear on a dca dashboard?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Can this data be replaced by a better source of data elsewhere or replace other data?
– Is there value to the organization if the data is refreshed sooner or by other ways?
– How can your data be protected from both authorized and unauthorized access?
– Have you heard people at your organization claim they have no governance?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Technology governance move?
– Does your data governance organization have a communications plan?
– At what level is it appropriate to maintain a new data element?
– Where does your sensitive data reside across the enterprise?
– Are multiple sections responsible for the requested data?
– Is there a process in place to examine query logs?
– What will your data governance program focus on?
– What factors make data governance successful?
– Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
– Do you use the best tools money can buy?
– Who owns the data that is collected?
– Logical data model available?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Earth system governance visions and integrate design thinking in Earth system governance innovation.
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
Use past Ecclesiastical polity governance and reduce Ecclesiastical polity costs.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Technology governance. How do we gain traction?
Economic development Critical Criteria:
Coach on Economic development visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Economic development projects.
– What are the disruptive Technology governance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Have all basic functions of Technology governance been defined?
– How much does Technology governance help?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Environmental, social and corporate governance visions and slay a dragon.
– What is our formula for success in Technology governance ?
– Why should we adopt a Technology governance framework?
– How do we go about Securing Technology governance?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Learn from Environmental governance planning and catalog what business benefits will Environmental governance goals deliver if achieved.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Technology governance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Technology governance project?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Technology governance leaders?
European Union Critical Criteria:
Apply European Union visions and ask questions.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Technology governance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Think about the functions involved in your Technology governance project. what processes flow from these functions?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Meet over Global governance management and probe the present value of growth of Global governance.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Technology governance process?
– Is the Technology governance organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Discourse Good governance visions and spearhead techniques for implementing Good governance.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Technology governance processes?
– What about Technology governance Analysis of results?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Governance, risk management, and compliance risks and perfect Governance, risk management, and compliance conflict management.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Technology governance? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does Technology governance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How can the value of Technology governance be defined?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Model after Governance in higher education goals and explore and align the progress in Governance in higher education.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Technology governance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How can skill-level changes improve Technology governance?
– How can we improve Technology governance?
Information and communications technology Critical Criteria:
Administer Information and communications technology outcomes and point out Information and communications technology tensions in leadership.
– Does Technology governance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are there Technology governance problems defined?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Information governance outcomes and transcribe Information governance as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Technology governance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– Are we Assessing Technology governance and Risk?
Lisbon Strategy Critical Criteria:
Adapt Lisbon Strategy adoptions and devote time assessing Lisbon Strategy and its risk.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Technology governance opportunities costing us money?
– What are the short and long-term Technology governance goals?
– What threat is Technology governance addressing?
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Participate in Local governance tasks and point out Local governance tensions in leadership.
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Market governance mechanism failures and report on the economics of relationships managing Market governance mechanism and constraints.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Technology governance activities?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Focus on Multistakeholder governance model projects and describe which business rules are needed as Multistakeholder governance model interface.
– Does our organization need more Technology governance education?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Network governance issues and find the essential reading for Network governance researchers.
– What vendors make products that address the Technology governance needs?
– How will you measure your Technology governance effectiveness?
Non-governmental organization Critical Criteria:
Categorize Non-governmental organization decisions and raise human resource and employment practices for Non-governmental organization.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Technology governance goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we measure improved Technology governance service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is a Technology governance Team Work effort in place?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Refer to Ocean governance governance and test out new things.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Technology governance delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Technology governance?
– Are accountability and ownership for Technology governance clearly defined?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Open-source governance goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Open-source governance results.
– Among the Technology governance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Technology governance study?
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Trace Political party governance risks and change contexts.
– Do Technology governance rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How is the value delivered by Technology governance being measured?
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Private governance planning and define what our big hairy audacious Private governance goal is.
– How do we Identify specific Technology governance investment and emerging trends?
– How do we manage Technology governance Knowledge Management (KM)?
Project governance Critical Criteria:
Sort Project governance strategies and report on setting up Project governance without losing ground.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Technology governance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Technology governance process available?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Technology governance moving forward?
Public policy Critical Criteria:
Review Public policy visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Public policy information.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Technology governance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Technology governance project lifecycle?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Technology governance Management?
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Mix SOA governance strategies and grade techniques for implementing SOA governance controls.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Technology governance project manager?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Technology governance objectives?
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Security sector governance and reform decisions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Security sector governance and reform information.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Technology governance?
Simulation governance Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Simulation governance management and display thorough understanding of the Simulation governance process.
– How can you negotiate Technology governance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What business benefits will Technology governance goals deliver if achieved?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Soil governance planning and learn.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Technology governance activities?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Examine Sustainable Governance Indicators visions and find the essential reading for Sustainable Governance Indicators researchers.
– How would one define Technology governance leadership?
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Focus on Transnational governance projects and handle a jump-start course to Transnational governance.
– Is maximizing Technology governance protection the same as minimizing Technology governance loss?
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Canvass Website governance quality and forecast involvement of future Website governance projects in development.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Technology governance requirements in detail?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re World Governance Index tactics and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential World Governance Index information.
– Are assumptions made in Technology governance stated explicitly?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Technology governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Technology governance External links:
[PDF]Information Technology Governance
Information Technology Governance Committee – Just …
[PDF]SP14-04 Technology Governance, Strategy, and …
Academic administration External links:
Academic Administration – Monmouth University
Academic Administration – Saint Xavier High School
Associate Provost for Academic Administration – …
Chief governance officer External links:
A Chief Governance Officer Could Give You an Advantage
Chief Governance Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Climate governance External links:
Climate Governance Initiative – 4 Photos – Organization
Gender and transition in climate governance – …
Clinical governance External links:
USACS National Clinical Governance Board
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
Clinical governance (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Collaborative governance External links:
Graduate Certificate in Collaborative Governance | …
Welcome to Collaborative Governance
“Collaborative Governance and Anticorruption in …
Corporate governance External links:
Corporate Governance | Panera Bread
Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
Corporate governance of information technology External links:
Corporate governance of information technology – …
[PDF]Corporate governance of information technology
Cultural governance External links:
[PDF]Cultural Governance and Development in Vietnam
The Audit Committee and Cultural Governance – WSJ
[PDF]Vadi – Global Cultural Governance – Boston University
Data governance External links:
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
APS 6010 – Data Governance | University of Colorado
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Earth system governance External links:
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
What is EARTH SYSTEM GOVERNANCE? What does …
Earth System Governance | The MIT Press
Ecclesiastical polity External links:
Of The Laws Of Ecclesiastical Polity by Richard Hooker
Economic development External links:
Michigan Department of Talent and Economic Development …
NYCEDC | New York City Economic Development Corp.
Department of Economic Development
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, social and corporate governance – …
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance …
Environmental governance External links:
Environmental Governance | A research collaboration …
Environmental governance | UN Environment
European Union External links:
European Union (EU) Export Certificate List
Rivieras Leisure Shoes – Rivieras European Union
European Union | World | The Guardian
Global governance External links:
Global Governance Monitor – cfr.org
Good governance External links:
ISEGG – Institute for Service Excellence and Good Governance
The Good Governance Awards, 2017
Governance.io – Software for good Governance
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Governance in higher education External links:
[PDF]Shared Governance in Higher Education
Information and communications technology External links:
“Information and Communications Technology Utilization …
[PDF]2 Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
Information governance External links:
Information Governance Initiative
Lisbon Strategy External links:
Lisbon Strategy – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Local governance External links:
CUNY Institute for State & Local Governance – Home | Facebook
DeLoG – Decentralisation & Local Governance
Local Governance » Centers » Texas Public Policy …
Multistakeholder governance model External links:
Multistakeholder governance model – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Multistakeholder governance model
Network governance External links:
UTSCAP Network Governance – UTSW Medicine
POD Network Governance – POD Network: Professional …
Nonprofit Network – Nonprofit Network Governance
Non-governmental organization External links:
What is NGO (non-governmental organization)? – …
Starting a Nonprofit or Non-Governmental Organization (NGO)
Ocean governance External links:
Ocean Governance | U.S. Department of the Interior
International Ocean Governance | Project AWARE
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Political party governance External links:
On political party governance – The Nation Online
Private governance External links:
Ed Stringham: Private Governance | Mises Institute
Public & Private Governance Flashcards | Quizlet
Project governance External links:
Project Governance Plans: Execution and Oversight
NuGet Project Governance | Microsoft Docs
400: IT PROJECT GOVERNANCE – OIT
Public policy External links:
School of Public Policy
DSU College of Education, Health & Public Policy
Morrison Institute for Public Policy – Official Site
SOA governance External links:
SOA Governance Standards | OCIO
A case for SOA governance – IBM – United States
InfoClipz: SOA Governance – YouTube
Security sector governance and reform External links:
Security Sector Governance and Reform: Guidelines for …
[PDF]Security Sector Governance and Reform – OSCE
Simulation governance External links:
[PDF]Simulation governance: New technical …
Simulation Governance | Industries | UL
Sustainable Governance Indicators External links:
SGI – Sustainable Governance Indicators: Studies
Website governance External links:
Website Governance | Smith College
World Governance Index External links:
World Governance Index and Pakistan’s Trade Deficit – …
WGI abbreviation stands for World Governance Index