What is involved in point to point
Find out what the related areas are that point to point connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a point to point thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its point to point journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward point to point leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which point to point related domains to cover and 28 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
point to point, Point-to-point, Logistical, Peer-to-peer, Point-to-Point Protocol, Point-to-point construction, Point-to-point transit, SAN Point-to-Point:
point to point Critical Criteria:
Differentiate point to point leadership and budget for point to point challenges.
– What are our needs in relation to point to point skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of point to point activities?
– How is the value delivered by point to point being measured?
Point-to-point Critical Criteria:
Chart Point-to-point goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Point-to-point.
– If a network is involved, what is its operational paradigm, that is, unicast (point-to-point network, such as Ethernet), multicast, or broadcast?
– What management system can we use to leverage the point to point experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is there any existing point to point governance structure?
– Is a point to point Team Work effort in place?
Logistical Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Logistical decisions and get answers.
– In what ways are point to point vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the barriers to increased point to point production?
Peer-to-peer Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Peer-to-peer decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Peer-to-peer projects.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the point to point process?
– What are the short and long-term point to point goals?
Point-to-Point Protocol Critical Criteria:
Discourse Point-to-Point Protocol goals and look for lots of ideas.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once point to point is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for point to point strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Think of your point to point project. what are the main functions?
Point-to-point construction Critical Criteria:
Talk about Point-to-point construction leadership and look at it backwards.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its point to point processes?
– What are the usability implications of point to point actions?
– Have all basic functions of point to point been defined?
Point-to-point transit Critical Criteria:
Canvass Point-to-point transit goals and find the essential reading for Point-to-point transit researchers.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of point to point into the services that we provide?
– Is maximizing point to point protection the same as minimizing point to point loss?
– How do we Lead with point to point in Mind?
SAN Point-to-Point Critical Criteria:
Give examples of SAN Point-to-Point tactics and sort SAN Point-to-Point activities.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of point to point product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What is the total cost related to deploying point to point, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does the point to point task fit the clients priorities?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the point to point Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
point to point External links:
Leros Point to Point – Driving People Who Drive Business
B2B Demand Generation Agency | Point To Point
Point to Point Surveyors – A Premier Land Survey Company
Point-to-point External links:
Point-to-point (Book, 1933) [WorldCat.org]
Logistical External links:
Network, newspaper staffers hit by logistical headaches …
Point-to-Point Protocol External links:
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) – Cisco
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
Point-to-point construction External links:
Point-to-Point Construction – YouTube
Point-to-point transit External links:
Kings Point-to-Point Transit – Home | Facebook
“High-Coverage Point-to-Point Transit Study of Path …
High-Coverage Point-to-Point Transit: Study of Path …